Pro Tools LE Upgrade for Vista

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 11, 2004
im havin a problem....i bought a mbox mini from a homie and he gave me all of the software...problem is he is runnin XP and im on Vista... Protoolz wont download on to Vista...should i just take it back and spend the 150 more and buy a brand new mbox? or is there a way i can get Protools for Vista using the seriel number and all of his information...it has been registered and i do have an account at digidesign.com....

any help is appreciated

Kavie

Sicc OG
May 4, 2002
www.kavierocks.com
There should be driver updates as well as installation information for installing Pro Tools on Vista on the Digidesign website. I remember reading on the box of my Pro Tools M-Powered package that it was only compatible with Vista Business and Vista Ultimate, not sure if LE is the same, but it may not be compatible with Vista Home (if that's what you're running). But you should be able to find all the information you need on the Digidesign website, or maybe someone one here has actually had some experience with this.

Mar 11, 2004
yea i been on the site.. guitar center tells me i can do the same..but i can only find an update version and it will only work if i already have protools on mi computer already...
people keep tellin me to downgrade to Windows XP but im tryin to do this without having to go back to XP

Feb 24, 2006
i learned the hardway it doesnt work on vista 64. dude at guitar center told me it did and when i went to return they said they couldnt take it back because it has "bundled software". i guess its my fault for not researching fully. Is anybody thats good with computers kniow if i can downgrade to XP even tho i have the 64 bit version?

Kavie

Sicc OG
May 4, 2002
www.kavierocks.com
Is anybody thats good with computers kniow if i can downgrade to XP even tho i have the 64 bit version?
I'm not a computer genius, but I think you should be able to downgrade from any version. The hardest thing from what I've heard from the folks at Gateway when downgrading is that it may be hard and/or impossible to find the hardware drivers for you hardware that is compatible with the version you're downgrading to.

Feb 24, 2006
I'm not a computer genius, but I think you should be able to downgrade from any version. The hardest thing from what I've heard from the folks at Gateway when downgrading is that it may be hard and/or impossible to find the hardware drivers for you hardware that is compatible with the version you're downgrading to.
ya the drivers is my problem idk i gotta figure something out