PreSonus TubePre...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 27, 2003
www.mymproductions.com
Hey I got a PreSonus TubePre... shit is off the hook for the price... I really like it. The only thing I dont like is that it has no On or Off switch... you just plug it in and its on... So I was wondering if its cool to leave it on for long periods of time, I usually let it warm up for a while before using it... seems to sound better like that. Is it better to just leave it on? Its it cool to be plugging it and unplugging it? Thanks everyone... :beard:

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
TronikBeatz said:
Hey I got a PreSonus TubePre... shit is off the hook for the price... I really like it. The only thing I dont like is that it has no On or Off switch... you just plug it in and its on... So I was wondering if its cool to leave it on for long periods of time, I usually let it warm up for a while before using it... seems to sound better like that. Is it better to just leave it on? Its it cool to be plugging it and unplugging it? Thanks everyone... :beard:
Yeah it's cool to leave it plugged up but you want to power up/down your equipment in a certain order. I know cat's who keep the entire studio on and running (even when they go to sleep) but personally I keep my equipment off. Have you considered opening the unit and taking a peak at the insides? Yes it's a good unit for the price. EM gave it 19 out of 20 points so I copped one. It was a bit too harsh for my guitars and waaaaaaaaaay too much dirt/distortion/coloration for the mic's I was using at the time. Personally I didnt like the power supply, I hate wall warts but the unit sounds better than the ART and Joe meek pre's in the same price range. I no longer own mine but it's a good unit as far as bang 4 your buck

:hgk:

Apr 27, 2003
www.mymproductions.com
Thanks for the info Heresy---

Yea I just got a little computer based set up... i run my mic to the tubepre then from there to my omni studio box which is connected to my PC. I get pretty good quality that way, plus I use the Waves Dimond Bundle for effects, and use em in Sonar 3. But yea mayne thanks for the info. :beard: