power capacitors from ca stereo

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Sicc OG
Jul 1, 2002
hometown.aol.com
sup. mine just broke and i need to get another. anybody have any recomendations on good shit. i want 1 farad, with digital moniter. what company makes the best shit. thanks!

May 11, 2002
I had 2 of them and it didnt make a difference with my system. All they do from what im told is help keep your car battery from dying.

Keith

ackright
Apr 22, 2002
From what I heard they reserve power so when your amp needs the voltage for bass, it has it. Instead of suckin the amps off the alternator & depending on how many amps your alt. puts out, it won't dim your lights whenever bass hits.

Have you tried/seem the Lightning Audio cap's? I think their 1 farads with a digital readout run between $169.99-$199.99..

May 2, 2002
You can say it bumps louder all you want, but i've been competing for years...and it doesn't.

If two people line up in the same car, woofers, amps, design etc...the one without the Cap will win.....

Sicc OG
Jul 1, 2002
hometown.aol.com
maybe with your system not with mine. i realize that the purpose is to help your car battery so shit like your head lights doesnt dim but it also stores power so when there is a hard knock it hits louder.

May 2, 2002
Well...most systems are the same. A Cap isn't going to act differently in my car then in yours. I'm not saying you shouldn't use one...it helps if you're gonna be playing your music at a high volume for an extended period of time, but if you're gonna be competing or something like that...you don't need one.