Post graduate education.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 28, 2002
If you are planning on continuation of your studies after your bachelors degree I have some adivice for you in your undergrad. Take it don't take its just some shit I wish someone would have said to me.

Use your fellow students: Organize something be it meaningful or meaningless. Get as many people involved as you can and make sure the event gets regcognition from your undergraduate institution. (the student press). This provides you with "leader ship experience" That grad schools use as a tool of discrimination. If you don't have any and your not what they are looking for they will use it as an excuse to refuse you entry. Also join all the stupid clubs and organizations you can even if you just go once and your drunk the whole meeting get your name on the list.

Use your brain: Get good grades fool. Don't go out and get drunk and high every night and think your going places because you've got the "stuff". When I say get good grades I mean get strait fucking A's. Its not that hard and being a "nerd" will get you all the success in the world.

THE MOST IMPORTANT CRITERIA FOR SUCCESS
Build and exploit your connections. If you have the cheese join a frat and use its connections. Use your personal connections, your parents connections. Suck up and sell out every chance you get with people of influance. If you go to a church or synagoge or mosque or pagota, tell the people you participate with about your plans chances are some body knows some body. In the academic world it is most certainly who not what you know that counts.

Apr 25, 2002
man, im gettin my bs in business administration with a concentration on human resources in december. i looked at the courses for the mba program, and I AM FUCKIN STRAIGHT. i thaught gettin this bachelors was hard....i give mad props to anyone with a mba

Jan 9, 2004
Dont' stop trying to get into grad school Rx, it's too late to go back now and change your pedigree but its not too late to keep networking and writing solid essays for your entrance package. That is some excellent advice to all the youngsters out there that havne't thought past the next year of your college life.

Jul 6, 2002
Man, I wish I would have known this shit ealrier. I want to go back but I will need to take a class or two b/c my gpa is a couple of points under par. Right now I am paying my dues, trying to get the cheese up and pay off some of the debt that I have accumulated while still in college. I definately would like to get a masters in education and or library science.

Jul 7, 2002
if you're still in College, i would suggest talking to your instructors weekly about your current career goals. And if you dont have any, just talk to them, chances are even if you have a goal, they will change.

Listen to what they say, and get other advice from other students, and fauculty, etc.

if you think you know it all, you dont.

Sep 28, 2002
nefar559 said:
if you're still in College, i would suggest talking to your instructors weekly about your current career goals. And if you dont have any, just talk to them, chances are even if you have a goal, they will change.

Listen to what they say, and get other advice from other students, and fauculty, etc.

if you think you know it all, you dont.
^
Good advice.

Also before you apply to an institution ( one maybe you think will reject you) go there and talk to a faculty member about what you want to do. Try to make a positive impression and then be like would it be alright with you if I contact you if I have any other questions. Then apply as early as possible. Then call the man/woman tell them you put in your app and have a couple of questions to ask (spend some time thinking about them don't just blurt shit out.).

More than likely they will be like shit this kid really wants to go here and has a lot of initiative. So maybe you just got yourself a sponsore.

May 16, 2002
real talk. im on my way to law school and i learned the hard way too. i fucked off the first two years of school and it took me the last 4 to get my grades back up. 6 years of undergrad and i coulda been done in 4 if i didnt fuck around and drop my grades. take it seriously if u plan to continue.