Portable Soundscan Devices

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 31, 2006
My Entertainment attorney in NY was telling me there are now Portable Soundscanning Devices that you can buy, to have your records actually mean something when sellin them sh*ts on the street or out the trunk. Have any of you guys seen these? How much do they run?
If so, how come you don't see everybody wit them sh*ts?

Mar 25, 2003
www.myspace.com
shaolin makes a very good point and thats why I have a hard time believing that individuals can purchase these, its possible that retailers can purchase them, but even when that happens they are given a code to work with...if these really came out every no body would be doing a million sales..and then the labels would be wondering why when they did shows no "fans" showed up

Mar 31, 2006
I don't know; of course if your numbers were suspicious.....I'm not sure how it works, but I am going to find out today and post it in here. Hopefully them sh*ts are'nt out of everybody's budget. If your a REAL RECORD LABEL (not some kid that raps with a name and a logo), and you exist on PAPER WITH THE STATE, you keep account and records of everything, use that to back up your sales.

Mar 31, 2006
I have'nt found anything online, maybe you guys can. Dude in NY says alot of cats out there are using them on the street. If they are a real product, I'm sure there is some security to protect against fraud or running up numbers, theyre would have to be.