Poll: WEEK 5 Raiders Vs. Texans

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 3, 2002
We need this one, no reason why we shouldn't be able to finally beat Houston.

Raiders 28 Houston 13

EDIT: No poll, there is an issue with creating polls so scratch that.

Jan 12, 2006
Should Raiders move Seymour to DE vs. Houston?

So the Raiders reportedly brought in pass-rushing defensive lineman Trevor Pryce for a look-see on Thursday, huh?

Oakland must be hedging its bets that defensive end Matt Shaughnessy's injured shoulder is more than a day-to-day proposition. Plus, fellow defensive end Jarvis Moss was slowed this week after injuring his chest in practice on Wednesday.

Not exactly a cheery outlook for a defensive unit allowing a mind-blowing 5.9 yards per rush attempt that is, oh yeah, heading to Houston to take on last year's rushing champ in Arian Foster.

But a media-created idea was run by Raiders coach Hue Jackson this week. Why not move Richard Seymour back out to defensive end to take Shaughnessy's spot for the time being and then put the massive run-stuffing John Henderson at tackle?

"I mean, obviously there's all kinds of combinations you can use," Jackson said. "I think the biggest thing is the guys that play, the 11 men we put out there, they've got to make up their mind that enough's enough. I think they will. It's not like we haven't played good run defense this year.

"You go to our Denver game, we stopped the run…we played the Jets, we slowed that run down, it was 100 yards, but they didn't run the ball on us like that. We need to do it consistently and that's been my thing, we need to do it consistently, when the ball does not run through us. It's happened in two games, we've stopped it in two games, and now here's the next test to get it done."

Seymour was up for the challenge, so to speak.

"Wherever they ask me to go, that's what I'll do," he said. "If they ask me to play on the nose, I'll play on the nose. If they ask me to be on the end, I'll be on the end. Wherever I'm needed, I’m willing to go.

"It can't be, Hey, put a guy over here to stop this, because it's all over the place. If everyone takes care of their responsibility and takes care of their job, then we'll be fine."

The rallying cry to stop the run has been a simple one.

"It's just a matter of taking care of your responsibilities," Seymour said. "My job is the B gap, take care of the B gap. As simple as it sounds that's the defense that we play, a one-gap responsibility defense."

Apr 25, 2002
As optimistiic as I am everweek for the raiders, I see yet again our hurting dbs being a target of our demise. Shaub is gonna hit us with with a run run pass and have a field day with our shitty secondary unit if we can't make a decent tackle. I think our oline is gonna get tested somethin fierce and I see campbell scrambling around all day. If campbell is gonna have a shitty game this yr its probably gonna be this one. Reliant field is raiders cryptonite. This week id like to be wrong then to be right....

Apr 2, 2010
If Raiders win this one I'll be expecting to see them in the playoffs, plus I'd be hella happy if you knocked the Texans off the top spot in the AFC South for my team.

Help me brehs

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
if the raiders win it wont be by much. but i think they have a shot. Owen Daniels should beast this game

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
I think it will be a close game... but Houston just owns us

as an optimistic, slightly homerish Raider fan... I think we win... as a realistic NFL fan, I don't

I hope the Raiders fan side is right here... go Raiders!

Jun 24, 2006
I think it will be a close game... but Houston just owns us

as an optimistic, slightly homerish Raider fan... I think we win... as a realistic NFL fan, I don't

I hope the Raiders fan side is right here... go Raiders!
Buffalo beat Cincy 10 straight times before last Sunday, so the Raiders def have a chance as long as Jonathan Joseph doesnt pick off Cambell all day. With that said i'd probably take houston to win this one.