Politicsssssssssss

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 5, 2008
Again your an idiot.... Do you know why they even made Flex fuel Vehicles? So in the end, we can have less vehicles that contribute to smog.

Last time I check the South and Midwest have no Problem with Smog or Air pollution... So there would be no fucking reason to even Offer it. You just thought they did so you could make a Tree Hugging thread, huh?

Stop trying to sound smart before I come blow up your prius, Fag.
You going to hit him with a level 12 fireball? Come on nerd, shouldn't you be at your nightly runescape clan meeting ?

Jul 21, 2002
Oklahoma
www.youtube.com
Again your an idiot.... Do you know why they even made Flex fuel Vehicles? So in the end, we can have less vehicles that contribute to smog.

Last time I check the South and Midwest have no Problem with Smog or Air pollution... So there would be no fucking reason to even Offer it. You just thought they did so you could make a Tree Hugging thread, huh?

Stop trying to sound smart before I come blow up your prius, Fag.
Since you read so well.... Did you not hear what I said? I'm talking about 9 out of 10 gas stations here ethanol fuels with no other option. You literally have to search for gas stations that don't have it. Since we don't have nearly as much air pollution, why isn't that offered in states the same way with higher pollution rates? The number of gas stations that offer ethanol fuel I've seen in Cali wasn't nearly as high last time I was there.

I'm actually not as concerned with the environment or going green or this and that at all, so good assumption there. I AM concerned about how much of an affect this oil spill is going to have though because it could be immediately catastrophic if it's not stopped soon.

Go back to making gif's of your mom

Jul 6, 2008
dont worry we are gonna run out of resourses in 100 years. the human specias is gonna go extinct. water is gonna be the new oil in 40 years.

just read this guys rant

An Australian scientist, who helped eradicate smallpox from the world, has created a new sensation by predicting that the human race will be extinct within the next 100 years.

Professor Frank Fenner, emeritus professor of microbiology at the Australian National University, has claimed that the human race will be unable to survive a population explosion and "unbridled consumption".

"Homo sapiens will become extinct, perhaps within 100 years," Fenner said. "A lot of other animals will, too."

"It's an irreversible situation. I think it's too late. I try not to express that because people are trying to do something, but they keep putting it off."

He said that since humans have entered an unofficial scientific period known as the Anthropocene -- the time since industrialisation -- we have had an effect on the planet that rivals any ice age or comet impact, the Daily Mail reported.

Fenner also blames the onset of climate change for the human race's imminent demise.

He said: "Climate change is just at the very beginning. But we're seeing remarkable changes in the weather already.

"We'll undergo the same fate as the people on Easter Island... The Aborigines showed that without science and the production of carbon dioxide and global warming, they could survive for 40,000 or 50,000 years.

"But the world can't. The human species is likely to go the same way as many of the species that we've seen disappear."

Fenner, 95, has won awards for his work in helping eradicate the variola virus that causes smallpox and has written or co-written 22 books.

In 1980, he announced the eradication of the disease to the World Health Assembly and it is still regarded as one of the World Health Organisation's greatest achievements.

However, Stephen Boyden, a colleague of Prof Fenner, said that while there was deep pessimism among some ecologists, others had a more optimistic view.

"Frank may well be right, but some of us still harbour the hope that there will come about an awareness of the situation and, as a result the revolutionary changes necessary to achieve ecological sustainability," Boyden said.

Simon Ross, the vice-chairman of the Optimum Population Trust, said: "Mankind is facing real challenges including climate change, loss of bio-diversity and unprecedented growth in population."

Prof Fenner's chilling prediction echoes recent comments by Prince Charles who last week warned of "monumental problems" if the world's population continues to grow at such a rapid pace.

According to 2009 UN estimates, the current global population is 6.8 billion which can exceed to seven billion by the end of 2011.

Earlier, Prof Nicholas Boyle of Cambridge University had said that a "Doomsday" moment will take place in 2014 -- and will determine whether the 21st century is full of violence and poverty or will be peaceful and prosperous.

In 2006, another esteemed academic, Prof James Lovelock, warned that the world's population may sink as low as 500 million over the next century due to global warming. He claimed that any attempts to tackle climate change will not be able to solve the problem, merely buy us time.

Jul 21, 2002
Oklahoma
www.youtube.com
If the US stops using Crude oil it will just leave more Crude oil for other countries like China to use. Crude oil is just not about cars on the road, they make millions of things with crude oil, for example: plastics ect....

As for Mexico, we must think of our country first before we think about helping others. Also i dont think the oil will reach Mexico since it hasnt reached Texas yet.
edit: I agree with you though, we need drastic action, and BP isnt doing shit. Other countries that have the technology to clean oil spills have offered to help, but obama denied.

As for acid raid, the oil spill wont have any effect as for oil doesnt evaporate, until its processed and burned.

"Ethanol would also cut our dependency on foreign oil. Which wouldn't be as big of an issue if they just came out and said it, but our ecosystem is being blasted by this oil spill."
incomplete thought, but i get what your saying. If we begin to use ethanol it will play big factors also. For instance, land consumption, we will need alot alot alot of ethanol if we want to keep millions of cars on the road. Land consumption also means endangered wildlife. As for farming corn over and over, eventually the land will get tired over time.
Ethanol might have potential though.

One major factor i forgot was how much power oil companies have. Money talks, and these politicians are money hungry.
I'd like to preface what I say with, I by no means know a lot about everything encompassing this subject and I hope it doesn't seem like I'm acting as such. I didn't start this to prove a point, or change people's beliefs etc... But appreciate the people that have posted something good and bad about this subject.

There are so many things messed up with this oil spill. I believe we as a world have worked ourselves into a situation that cannot be reversed. I have my own personal beliefs to the extent that I'm certain the world as we know it will not be here in less than 100 years. BUT, the quality of life we enjoy could drastically be changed due to this oil spill, and I guess it pisses me off more than anything is that it's been a really lazy approach to the oil spill that could cause a series of bad results.

The rest, including ethanol is speculation. There's no way to know. I trust the government very little. I think the whole "going green" thing is pretty lame and it's a fad. I drove my 96 tahoe for over a year that literally was spitting unburned fuel out of the exhaust pipe and black smoke as well. It is what it is. We all contribute to pollution, it is what it is. This oil spill though just has me pissed off.

In reference to the acid rain, I wasn't sure how that worked but thanks for clearing that up

Jan 30, 2006
You going to hit him with a level 12 fireball? Come on nerd, shouldn't you be at your nightly runescape clan meeting ?
Dam your hard fool, Calling people nerds... Well this Nerd makes over 2 Racks a month off a Video game for Free. I make more money than you and your cum guzzling Girl do while Doing nothing.

Since you read so well.... Did you not hear what I said? I'm talking about 9 out of 10 gas stations here ethanol fuels with no other option. You literally have to search for gas stations that don't have it. Since we don't have nearly as much air pollution, why isn't that offered in states the same way with higher pollution rates? The number of gas stations that offer ethanol fuel I've seen in Cali wasn't nearly as high last time I was there.

I'm actually not as concerned with the environment or going green or this and that at all, so good assumption there. I AM concerned about how much of an affect this oil spill is going to have though because it could be immediately catastrophic if it's not stopped soon.

Go back to making gif's of your mom
Why would you have gas stations with ONLY ethanol? The flex fuel vehicles make up a VERY SMALL percentage of the Cars on the road today, So I would have to call Bullshit and your too fucking stupid to see the "87" octane rating.

And who cares about that oil spill? Animals will die, you won't be able to goto those beaches for awhile.... I laugh at all the people crying over this shit. Like its that big of a deal...

Jul 21, 2002
Oklahoma
www.youtube.com
Why would you have gas stations with ONLY ethanol? The flex fuel vehicles make up a VERY SMALL percentage of the Cars on the road today, So I would have to call Bullshit and your too fucking stupid to see the "87" octane rating.

And who cares about that oil spill? Animals will die, you won't be able to goto those beaches for awhile.... I laugh at all the people crying over this shit. Like its that big of a deal...
nah man, I mean they have the maximum allowable amount of ethanol which is actually only 10%. One of our cars is a 96 Tahoe Limited, and anytime we put gas containing ethanol in it, it takes a good 3 tanks without it before it runs the way it should again.

Animals will die, no doubt. But maybe I like seafood!!!!

Feb 21, 2010
You all sound like dumbasses. There are more ethanol stations in the midwest because thats where the crops of corn are harvested. Most stations in the midwest will eventually have an ethanol only option, which can contain up to 85% ethanol. Currently 90% contain some percentage of ethanol. FFV are to reduce the need for petroleum based products, and foreign oil. The idea being to develop technology that would soley run off american grown products. The worldwide immediate answer to fuel effeciency should be small, high compression, turbo/supercharged assisted diesel cars and hybrid small capacity engine/electric motor vehicles. Which would be a bandaid until more plausable battery/electric technology can be applied. The myth of hydrogen is never going to happen, or at the most as a hybrid with an existing technology.

Nov 16, 2006
I'd like to preface what I say with, I by no means know a lot about everything encompassing this subject and I hope it doesn't seem like I'm acting as such. I didn't start this to prove a point, or change people's beliefs etc... But appreciate the people that have posted something good and bad about this subject.

sidenote:
There are so many things messed up with this oil spill. I believe we as a world have worked ourselves into a situation that cannot be reversed. I have my own personal beliefs to the extent that I'm certain the world as we know it will not be here in less than 100 years. BUT, the quality of life we enjoy could drastically be changed due to this oil spill, and I guess it pisses me off more than anything is that it's been a really lazy approach to the oil spill that could cause a series of bad results.

The rest, including ethanol is speculation. There's no way to know. I trust the government very little. I think the whole "going green" thing is pretty lame and it's a fad. I drove my 96 tahoe for over a year that literally was spitting unburned fuel out of the exhaust pipe and black smoke as well. It is what it is. We all contribute to pollution, it is what it is. This oil spill though just has me pissed off.

In reference to the acid rain, I wasn't sure how that worked but thanks for clearing that up
Im with you man. Going green is just a new way for the government to receive more tax revenue. They cant tax for living, but they can sure tax you for the air you breathe. They force you to smog your vehicles. That is also why california is in a shit hole because we are holding big companies back with smog regulations. A current problem causing pollution are Big cargo ships and airliners.
You all sound like dumbasses. There are more ethanol stations in the midwest because thats where the crops of corn are harvested. Most stations in the midwest will eventually have an ethanol only option, which can contain up to 85% ethanol. Currently 90% contain some percentage of ethanol. FFV are to reduce the need for petroleum based products, and foreign oil. The idea being to develop technology that would soley run off american grown products. The worldwide immediate answer to fuel effeciency should be small, high compression, turbo/supercharged assisted cars and hybrid small capacity engine/electric motor vehicles. Which would be a bandaid until more plausable battery/electric technology can be applied. The myth of hydrogen is never going to happen, or at the most as a hybrid with an existing technology.
I concur with what you have to say because California is also a big corn producer. There is no ethanol stations that i know of locally. I do agree with turbo engines and such.

I also do not believe in the Global warming scandal due to the fact the earth changes on its own. For instance the two ice ages that occured before humans came to be. I believe the world will be along for another thousand years. Even though we might all die because our planet will be inhabitable, im pretty sure there will be better technology to recycle, new energy sources, and maybe we will even be living on mars by then.