Politicsssssssssss

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 21, 2002
Oklahoma
www.youtube.com
I hate politics, just like I hate everything and everyone of you. But I find myself being more pissed off lately about everything. To clarify a few questions that may come up, I didn't vote but if I did I wouldn't have voted for Obama. I didn't vote because I didn't like the choices available.

This oil spill thing has me pissed off. I used to be in the Coast Guard for 4 years. I know what it's like to be a government employee and I know what the coast guard is capable of as far as containing an oil spill. This oil spill is waaaaaaaaaay out of hand. They've done some things to keep it from reaching our shores, but what about the rest of the world? The currents will take that oil literally around the world. What about Mexico? What about all of the other countries that share a coast with the gulf of Mexico?

What about BP being a contributor to Obama's campaign and his subsequent poor handling of this situation? He had recently approved of off shore drilling, then this happens?

I also see a potential angle on ethanol. I think this honestly was planned. They had the cash for clunkers campaign and the auto industry is taking a dump. A way to generate revenue for new purchases is to make all current cars obsolete. High gas prices play a factor, but more effectively, nearly all gas stations here in Oklahoma carry 10% ethanol gas. ANY mechanic says to not use ethanol gas for your gas unless it's designed for it. A large portion of cars in the cash for clunkers were hybrids or flexible fuel vehicles.

Ethanol would also cut our dependency on foreign oil. Which wouldn't be as big of an issue if they just came out and said it, but our ecosystem is being blasted by this oil spill. How much marine life will be effected by this, and how will it affect storm systems in our nation? How will it affect acid rain and the rains that reach our farm lands for crops?

Maybe y'all think I'm trippin, but feel me on this man. We're watching history unfold and nobody is doing anything about it.

Nov 2, 2002
What about BP being a contributor to Obama's campaign and his subsequent poor handling of this situation? He had recently approved of off shore drilling, then this happens?
this is where you lost all credibility on your post. You actually took the bait the right wing noise machine gave you. BP a contributor to Obama? Really? So youre saying they didnt give money to Mccain? So your logic is since they contributed to Obama, they A: are somehow a liberal comapny and all liberals should be blamed. or B: Its Obama's fault somehow

The republicans are the ones who protect oil companies from regulation and what not.
If BP is such a democrat funded corporation, why is fox news defending BP 24/7?

I coulda came up with a much better explanation but im tired and dont feel like doing any research

Jul 21, 2002
Oklahoma
www.youtube.com
this is where you lost all credibility on your post. You actually took the bait the right wing noise machine gave you. BP a contributor to Obama? Really? So youre saying they didnt give money to Mccain? So your logic is since they contributed to Obama, they A: are somehow a liberal comapny and all liberals should be blamed. or B: Its Obama's fault somehow

The republicans are the ones who protect oil companies from regulation and what not.

I coulda came up with a much better explanation but im tired and dont feel like doing any research
I hear your point, but regardless of who won the election, the president took campaign money that likely affected how the current regime is handling it. I could care less about left wing, right wing, Fox news etc... It's messed up, and that's my point. I didn't say anything about Democrat this, or Republican that. You brought that up

Nov 2, 2002
Obama is not giving BP a free pass at all hes holding them accountable and they are going to have to pay for everything, literally

According to republicans, its a "shakedown"...lol

Jan 30, 2006
I also see a potential angle on ethanol. I think this honestly was planned. They had the cash for clunkers campaign and the auto industry is taking a dump. A way to generate revenue for new purchases is to make all current cars obsolete. High gas prices play a factor, but more effectively, nearly all gas stations here in Oklahoma carry 10% ethanol gas. ANY mechanic says to not use ethanol gas for your gas unless it's designed for it. A large portion of cars in the cash for clunkers were hybrids or flexible fuel vehicles.

Ethanol would also cut our dependency on foreign oil. Which wouldn't be as big of an issue if they just came out and said it, but our ecosystem is being blasted by this oil spill. How much marine life will be effected by this, and how will it affect storm systems in our nation? How will it affect acid rain and the rains that reach our farm lands for crops?
Enough with the retarded threads?

A large portion of cars in the cash for clunkers were hybrids or flexible fuel vehicles.
I hope you meant "A Large portion of cars people Bought when they traded in their clunker was hybrids and flex fuel Vehicles."

Have you even read anything about flex fuel vehicles and ethanol before you thought this thread was a good idea? There are reasons Why people do not buy flex fuel vehicles.

- Less Gas Mileage
- Less Power
- Engine will wear out faster, Repair costs go up
- Hard to find ethanol Stations.

I fucking hate Tree Huggers. Go buy the Nissan Leaf you stupid piece of shit

Jul 21, 2002
Oklahoma
www.youtube.com
Enough with the retarded threads?

I hope you meant "A Large portion of cars people Bought when they traded in their clunker was hybrids and flex fuel Vehicles."

Have you even read anything about flex fuel vehicles and ethanol before you thought this thread was a good idea? There are reasons Why people do not buy flex fuel vehicles.

- Less Gas Mileage
- Less Power
- Engine will wear out faster, Repair costs go up
- Hard to find ethanol Stations.

I fucking hate Tree Huggers. Go buy the Nissan Leaf you stupid piece of shit
I'm glad you read that somewhere, but that's not a fact by any means. It varies by state, but gas stations in part of the south and the midwest are up to 90% that carry 10% ethanol only. They don't have an alternative. You literally have to try and find a gas station that doesn't carry ethanol fuel. Good job, jaggoff

Nov 16, 2006
If the US stops using Crude oil it will just leave more Crude oil for other countries like China to use. Crude oil is just not about cars on the road, they make millions of things with crude oil, for example: plastics ect....

As for Mexico, we must think of our country first before we think about helping others. Also i dont think the oil will reach Mexico since it hasnt reached Texas yet.
edit: I agree with you though, we need drastic action, and BP isnt doing shit. Other countries that have the technology to clean oil spills have offered to help, but obama denied.

As for acid raid, the oil spill wont have any effect as for oil doesnt evaporate, until its processed and burned.

"Ethanol would also cut our dependency on foreign oil. Which wouldn't be as big of an issue if they just came out and said it, but our ecosystem is being blasted by this oil spill."
incomplete thought, but i get what your saying. If we begin to use ethanol it will play big factors also. For instance, land consumption, we will need alot alot alot of ethanol if we want to keep millions of cars on the road. Land consumption also means endangered wildlife. As for farming corn over and over, eventually the land will get tired over time.
Ethanol might have potential though.

One major factor i forgot was how much power oil companies have. Money talks, and these politicians are money hungry.

Jan 28, 2005
damn there was way too much typing going on on this page

this aint the GOM nerdgoons
The Open Forum doesn't have to be completely pointless bullshit 100% of the time, man.

There's arguments that can go either way; the point is that at least some people are attempting to gather information and form valid opinions about important issues. Don't bag on people for caring.

Critically thinking areolas, breh.

Jan 30, 2006
I'm glad you read that somewhere, but that's not a fact by any means. It varies by state, but gas stations in part of the south and the midwest are up to 90% that carry 10% ethanol only. They don't have an alternative. You literally have to try and find a gas station that doesn't carry ethanol fuel. Good job, jaggoff
Again your an idiot.... Do you know why they even made Flex fuel Vehicles? So in the end, we can have less vehicles that contribute to smog.

Last time I check the South and Midwest have no Problem with Smog or Air pollution... So there would be no fucking reason to even Offer it. You just thought they did so you could make a Tree Hugging thread, huh?

Stop trying to sound smart before I come blow up your prius, Fag.

Apr 25, 2002

nothing matter what you say cause you have an obesession with woodie

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
why even try to replace oil (w/ ethonol), that shit is old science?

The future is in Battery's ( in lamens )

one we unlock a battery with better charge then Lithium ( thats cost affective) we will welcome a new energy era.