Police warn at large Oakland teen is 'armed and dangerous'

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
been thinking about getting into community outreach. stories like this influence my decision.
that shit is lightweight scary in itself breh. tryna reason with these youngsters these days AINT like how we was back when. technology bring communication to everyone in an instant done changed the game. i too would love to do some outreach type of shit but going in might as well go in with the thought you may not make it out.

what the fuck is wrong with kids these days?

kids having kids. people with no goals in their future over a few weeks at best having kids whose lives may or may not see 18. shit been like that for decades but it aint getting no better. these entertainers are not to blame, they doing what they job is, entertain us regular folk, but the parents need to be able to tell their kids that shit is for fun, not for life.

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
that shit is lightweight scary in itself breh. tryna reason with these youngsters these days AINT like how we was back when. technology bring communication to everyone in an instant done changed the game. i too would love to do some outreach type of shit but going in might as well go in with the thought you may not make it out.

kids having kids. people with no goals in their future over a few weeks at best having kids whose lives may or may not see 18. shit been like that for decades but it aint getting no better. these entertainers are not to blame, they doing what they job is, entertain us regular folk, but the parents need to be able to tell their kids that shit is for fun, not for life.
you right. even on a street level, the younger homies dont respect the older homies. what i'd like to do build a state of the art community center with workshops about handling anger, bullies, etc. teaching social skills that may not be taught to them at home. just thinking aloud.

Last edited:

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
i feel it man. anything to invest in the community is golden. but like you said, these youngsters dont give no fucks about respect or loyalty. they they own team. shits all bad man. no trust, no love shits continuing to worsen. you would need some serious psychology people on your team but i dont think it would be hard finding others with the same vision as you willing to help, its the funds that would be the biggest issue. i cant see how the state doesnt push this more....

oh wait, theres no much money in prisons verses rehabilitation.

we live in a cold world breh

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
i feel it man. anything to invest in the community is golden. but like you said, these youngsters dont give no fucks about respect or loyalty. they they own team. shits all bad man. no trust, no love shits continuing to worsen. you would need some serious psychology people on your team but i dont think it would be hard finding others with the same vision as you willing to help, its the funds that would be the biggest issue. i cant see how the state doesnt push this more....

gotta reach them when they are still kids. all these after school programs want to focus on exercising, homework for 30 minutes, then they fuck the rest of the time off until they parents come pick em up. need to implement workshops to teach social skills and discuss real issues in a way that a child can understand. some of these parents are messed up bro, and it affects the kids in the end.
but once you become a teenager, yeah man they aint trying to hear all of that at all but still worth a try. it takes a village.

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002

you could easily get some psychology majors fresh out of college looking to do some internships. boom. free.