pluto players like us takin over 1st press vs 2nd press

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 26, 2010
I have a quick questions for everyone is there any significant value difference with the original press of Pluto vs the 2nd press? If so how much more valuable is the original press? Thanks

InDO

Sicc OG
Nov 2, 2005
the one without AD in the artwork might be a little bit more worthy since i sold few hundreds units with AD. i never really understood what exactly happened but regarding to the answer i got from one of the members, its the same pressing but they ordered a batch with the AD cover aswell.the Discs are btw exactly the same which brings me to that point that it must have been from the same glassmaster run and they just later reordered other covers.to answer your question, if you got the one without the AD then you might get something between 40-70$. just a guessing

Props: jaybiz8
Jul 22, 2010
The discs can be told apart because the one without the tape advertisement only had a single digit number moulded onto the inner hub, whereas the one with the ad has the IFPI code moulded into the hub.

Because there's still copies lingering about you probably won't fetch any different than what Indo has quoted you, although I can't say I have seen anyone selling this trying to actually differentiate between the two.

My thoughts are that in time if more people came to realize there's two differing pressings and the album goes a bit quiet after Indo's come up dies down, maybe the value will go up again. An album to own at any cost !

Props: InDO

InDO

Sicc OG
Nov 2, 2005
you re right, i forgot about the IFPI code, remember there was a difference.it would be just good to talk to one of the members again and maybe get the whole story written down about the release since its been asked so many times here and all we can do now is just guessing and put some logical thinking together.

InDO

Sicc OG
Nov 2, 2005
they re discotronics both, the ringcode is the same. the only difference is the super small ifpi code on the plastic.

Jul 22, 2010
you re right, i forgot about the IFPI code, remember there was a difference.it would be just good to talk to one of the members again and maybe get the whole story written down about the release since its been asked so many times here and all we can do now is just guessing and put some logical thinking together.
Yeah that would be real cool.. I remember reading you said one of the members told you the one without the Ad dropped in Feb 1995 and then the repress in November or thereabouts of the same year..

My logical thinking is that it would be a clue that the version without the Ad came first, because it had that single digit mould with no IFPI code.. when I look through my older pressings of discs pressed at disctronics, it seems many of the earlier pressings, from around 1993-94 through to maybe 96, have a single digit or lettered mould on the hub.

It appears some time around 95/96, disctronics may have stopped/changed up, with instead the IFPI codes being moulded onto discs. From all I've checked through, which is limited to what I own, but I do have quite a few, I haven't found any with an IFPI mould released from before 1996, and haven't found any with a single digit or letter mould made after 1996 either. If that November 1995 release month is correct on the 2nd press, then this album might be the only exception I have noticed so far... but from the looks of it they stopped with those single letter/number moulds right around 95/96.

Some food for thought.

InDO

Sicc OG
Nov 2, 2005
yes your explanation sounds pretty logical, i remember i asked lamars brother, because lamar is in prison.he asked lamar and came back with this info, but honestly this guy didnt care too much about what kind of history puzzles i need to have fill out, he was more intrested in the numbers i ordered. he later even told me this was the first pressing to probably make it look more worthy. only way to get the full story is to actually talk to lamar i guess, if i ever do it then will defintily ask him since this was up for discussion on here quiet a few times now.
But to be honest, your explanation makes the most sense to me so i guess it will be something like that.