Plea for peace (Raided/NoLove/Cway, Lynch/Loki)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 17, 2008
New York City
It's sad when old friendships unravel in a public forum...especially when it can get in the way of genuine creativity.

It's bad enough that the economy/ "industry" is tanking (though, incidentally, I don't see why this is any excuse not to drop a short mix tape or two for the fans), but the fact that old homies from the same tight knit hood that have had each others' back for so long can find reasons not to get along seems an awful shame as well,for reasons personal and creative.

Case in point: the last two tracks off that C-Way Lyrical Octane record, "Pt.2" and "Regardless" are two of my favorite rap group collabs of the past few years. I'm an east coast cat and love hip-hop with a good group dynamic. Those tracks sound nothing like any Wu-Tang project,but the way those Sactown rappers spit back to back to back on those tracks (Raided, NoLove, G-Macc,T-Nutty, Key Locc, Sav Sicc, Bleezo, Bop, the list goes on) is incredible and reminds me of everything I love about those early Wu efforts...perfect chemistry, diverse, creative flow, excellent production. It'd be a shame to see collabs like that become a thing of the past over beef.

It's too bad that business issues, miscommunication, and other personal issues have caused so many things to unravel, but here's hoping that NoLove,C-Way and Raided/ Lynch and Loki can think of their lengthy personal and creative history, pick up the pieces, collaberate once more, and put together some amazing projects in the future.

Here's to hoping that NoLove/C-Way/Raided and Lynch/Loki can squash the beef because of their long standing ties, the potential effect on musical creativity and wasted talent, and, most importantly, because they are all old homies that go back a very long time...

peace

B

BROTHA LYNCH HUNG

It's sad when old friendships unravel in a public forum...especially when it can get in the way of genuine creativity.

It's bad enough that the economy/ "industry" is tanking (though, incidentally, I don't see why this is any excuse not to drop a short mix tape or two for the fans), but the fact that old homies from the same tight knit hood that have had each others' back for so long can find reasons not to get along seems an awful shame as well,for reasons personal and creative.

Case in point: the last two tracks off that C-Way Lyrical Octane record, "Pt.2" and "Regardless" are two of my favorite rap group collabs of the past few years. I'm an east coast cat and love hip-hop with a good group dynamic. Stylistically, those tracks sound nothing like any Wu-Tang project,but the way those Sactown rappers spit back to back to back on those tracks (Raided, NoLove, G-Macc,T-Nutty, Key Locc, Sav Sicc, Bleezo, Bop, the list goes on) is incredible and reminds me of everything I love about those early Wu efforts...perfect chemistry, diverse, creative flow, excellent production. It'd be a shame to see collabs like that become a thing of the past over beef.

It's too bad that business issues, miscommunication, and other personal issues have caused so many things to unravel, but here's hoping that NoLove,C-Way and Raided/ Lynch and Loki can think of their lengthy personal and creative history, pick up the pieces, collaberate once more, and put together some amazing projects in the future.

Here's to hoping that NoLove/C-Way/Raided and Lynch/Loki can squash the beef because of their long standing ties, the potential effect on musical creativity and wasted talent, and, most importantly, because they are all old homies that go back a very long time...

peace
You makin it bigger then it is

Nov 25, 2003
SUNSHINE CITY,CA
PEOPLE READ INTO THIS SHIT 2 DEEP...I FEEL FANS SHOULD BE PRIVELEGED 2 HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY 2 KNOW THE TRUTH...ARTISTS GET ON HERE & ALL OF A SUDDEN EVERYBODY HAS THESE PERSONAL OPINIONS WITHOUT KNOWING THE FACTS OF THE MATTER....I TRY NOT 2 ARGUE WITH PEOPLE BUT JUST LIKE YOU TELL YOUR KIDS THEY NEED 2 STAY IN A CHILDS PLACE....I FEEL LIKE A LOT OF THESE FANS NEED 2 STAY IN A FANS PLACE CUZ THE THINGS THEY ARE SAYING & ASSUMING ARE NOT GOING 2 HELP THE SITUATION...I APPRECIATE CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM BUT THERE IS NO WAY I'M GOING 2 LET A COMPUTER SCREEN DICTATE MY MOVEMENTS....NOW I KNOW WHY BO LOC DOESN'T GET ON HERE ANYMORE

Nov 14, 2005
www.Siccness.Net
It's dope that a East Coast Cat has so much love for Lynch and Sacramento artists. I'm a Midwest Cat myself. I mean sometimes I get hated on for showing Sac so much love. But I'm going to tell you this no Midwest Clicc ever said oh here be my Internet Promoter or here is some music exclusives like the homiez from Sac do. I love Sac niggaz. Period

R

Sicc OG
Dec 7, 2005
a cd similar to that death threatz album but also with lynch on it would make a lot of money!

May 4, 2007
www.myspace.com
i agree with lynch. its a shame all this came out in the open like this, but whats done is done, right? its not like we all gonna be strappin up lookin for one another or nothin like that. the issues will be solved sooner or later.