Pitbull Tells Fans To Download Or Burn His Album

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

ty567

Sicc OG
Mar 26, 2006
From - http://www.ballerstatus.com/article/news/2008/02/4014/

Reggaeton rapper, Pitbull, appeared on Big Boy's Los Angeles radio show on Power 106 Monday morning (February 4) where he told his fans to not buy his album, and instead "download" or "burn it." According to the rapper, he's had it with his long time label, TVT Records, who he say failed to promote his latest album Boatlift correctly. "They didn't promote Lil Jon. They didn't promote Ying Yang," he said, further explaining that he's gone "out of pocket" for his own promotion. Pitbull said that he will not release his next album through TVT and said he and other rappers should beef with labels and not each other. "We don't need rappers to go at each other. We got to go at these companies. That's what I'm doing."
Pitbull has radio hits, but hes not exactly the type of artist id buy an album from. But im sure he sells ringtones and iTunes downloads a lot. But could this be another case of a label not putting money behind a project but still expecting the same results when money was put behind something.

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
I've never had any intention to buy any of his albums (neither I would download them) but I support him 100% for his position

BEAR

Sicc OG
Dec 15, 2007
I've never had any intention to buy any of his albums (neither I would download them) but I support him 100% for his position
i dont really like his music, but i did listen to M.I.A.M.I.
the 305 anthem was kinda ok...
F.T.I.

Sep 17, 2007
wow...itz sad but he seems like the only smart dude in the industry at this point. Personally i dont listen to him. But he showin lightweight leadership at this point.

Nov 24, 2003
fuck that guy, his shit ain't worth the download. Plus, he wouldn't hold this position if he didn't currently have problems with his label.

True.

I think all these people in the music business are marketing retards. I mean if you haven't figured out that the brick and mortar CD sales are dead, you are stupid.

These guys need to realize that the CD should just be a method to get people interested in an artist, and then make their money with concerts, merchandise, appearances, etc.

I mean if Pitbull was able to "give away" 2 million copies of his CD, but was then able to sell out 100 large venue shows accross the country, sell a 20 verses, and get a contract promoting some product due to his popularity because of the CD he "gave away", he is gonna be sitting pretty,