Phoenix Suns

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

wino

Sicc OG
Jan 4, 2004
Anybody think the Suns can beat the Spurs in a 7 game series? Ginobli and Duncan are beat up and Joe Johnson is coming back for PHX. I'm holding out hope they might pull this one off.

Aug 20, 2004
Psycho Logic said:
they can and they will

Suns in 7
What makes you think that?The playoff experience on the Spurs is higher than on the Suns...matter of fact...i think theres only 2 players on the Suns that have even BEEN to the playoffs....now the Spurs on the other hand....

Plus....the Suns couldnt beat them in the regular season...what makes yo think they can beat em in the playoffs????Cmon now...lets be realistic...

And the West WILL WIN the championship this year....ESPECIALLY if they have to play Miami...they were HORRIBLE vs. Western Confernce teams this year.....

May 15, 2002
Not to mention how Phoenix folds under defensive pressure. Stoudemire wont be able to do those things to Duncan that he did to Dampier. But containing Steve Nash is another story.

May 2, 2002
Stoudemire wont be guarding Duncan. Marion will.

phoenix's defense folds under pressure?! If you have been paying any attention at all to phoenix's first two rounds in the playoffs, you'd know that their defense does the exact opposite.. when they need to get stops, they get them. Marion, Amare, Joe Johnson and J-Jax are all great defensive players.

why do I think they'll beat san antonio? because they can match up.

the first meeting between them, the suns were still getting a feel for the players on the team on their role. and we didnt have jim jackson coming off the bench either.

the second game, the spurs BARELY won... in OVERTIME none the less. luck of the draw I guess.

third game, suns took.

Nash vs Parker. Can either of them contain one another? No. But you gotta be smokin sherm to think that Parker's gonna outshine Nash. Nash has been on fire in the playoffs. Edge: Suns.

Ginobli vs Joe Johnson. Jim Jackson will probably start the first game. either way, this match up is gonna be about even. depending how joe responds to his injury... this match could go either way. Edge: none

Stoudemire vs Nesterovich. Amare. No explanation needed.

Marion vs Duncan.. with help from Amare and Duncan's ankles givin him problems, I think the suns can effectively contain duncan to below 20 ppg. and there's no way duncan's keepin up with marion. they'll put someone else on shawn.

I think the Suns got just as good of a chance at beating the Spurs as any other team in the NBA. Everyone's still gonna doubt them though. Which is fine... they got something to prove now. pressure's on san antonio.

Nov 2, 2002
Psycho Logic said:
phoenix's defense folds under pressure?! If you have been paying any attention at all to phoenix's first two rounds in the playoffs, you'd know that their defense does the exact opposite.. .
he said "Pheonix folds under defensive pressure" which means he was talkin bout their offense.

Aug 20, 2004
^^^Wishful thinkin aint gonna help em this year!!!!!Who woulda thought the Spurs could score 110+ 2 games in a row????

Im tellin ya...they cant beat em...theyll win at least 2....MAYBE...but thats it....see yall next year!!!