peyton manning agrees to restructure contract

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/IND/10012272

INDIANAPOLIS (Feb. 21, 2007) -- Peyton Manning has agreed to restructure his contract with the Indianapolis Colts to save the team nearly $8 million in salary-cap space.

The Super Bowl MVP was to receive a multi-million-dollar roster bonus during the offseason but by converting the money into a regular signing bonus, the Colts can prorate that amount over the remaining four years of his deal. That saves Indianapolis space under the cap, which is $109 million.

The restructuring was disclosed to The Associated Press by a person familiar with the negotiations who spoke on condition of anonymity because the deal had not yet been signed.

Colts spokesman Craig Kelley said the team had no comment.

Manning signed a seven-year contract in March 2004, the season after he shared the league's MVP award with Steve McNair.

He followed that with a record-setting 2004 season in which he threw 49 touchdown passes and earned his second successive league MVP award.

In 2005, Manning guided the Colts to a 13-0 start and the AFC's No. 1 seed before losing in the divisional round of the playoffs to eventual Super Bowl champion Pittsburgh.

But this season, Manning showed more patience in throwing short and relying on his ground game, and used that combination to bring the Colts their first Super Bowl title since moving to Indianapolis in 1984.

Manning has led the Colts to seven playoff appearances in nine seasons, including five straight under coach Tony Dungy, and after breaking John Unitas' franchise record for completions last season is closing in on Unitas' other career records for passing attempts, yardage and touchdowns.

AP NEWS
The Associated Press News Service

Copyright 2007, The Associated Press, All Rights Reserved

May 2, 2002
Yes, but they won a Super Bowl!

This happens to every team...you have to pay to win...but eventually it catches up and you start over.

That's the way of the league.

Mar 18, 2006
I think that keeping Mathis would be more of a priority over June.....June works VERY well in the Colts defensive scheme and is a big playmaker, but I see him as being a product of their system....Mathis is one of those players that keeps the pedal 2 the flo' and can disrupt an opposing teams gameplan

ALL BOUT CHICKEN

Allez Les Bleus 🌟🌟
Feb 27, 2006
Paris, France
www.fubuoverstock.com
i'd think a team that has their base defense as a tampa 2 scheme would benefit a lot from acquiring cato june.

i would've thought that the titans could use him, but they already got david thornton and keith bulluck.

he would be best suited in detroit, minnesota...and could be the replacement for derrick brooks in tampa bay.