Peace Corp?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 24, 2003
I know people that have done/are currently doing it and they love it.

I know that it is not exactly easy to sign up and do though; there are decent requirements to get selected.

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
do they give you any living expense money? or is it all voluntary, in hope's you get grant money for school?

but teh google can tell me that

Dec 17, 2004
Why not just join the CIA? At least you get paid to do the same shit.
elaborate please....are you saying that if you join the peace corp they will send you to infiltrate a foreign governments administration for an eventual control or overthrow of the established power?....and i thought ppl just went there to teach and be doctors and nurses...naive me

Dec 17, 2004
I know that it is not exactly easy to sign up and do though; there are decent requirements to get selected.
yeah the application process seems kinda extensive. are they pretty selective? do you know if having a BA, having experience as an educator, and being a fluent spanish speaker is enough for what theyre looking for? or is it much more than that?

Jun 2, 2002
my parents actually met eachother through the peace corp...they both said it was the best experience of their lives...as a result of them doing it, a lot of their friends that i've grown up around were in the peace corp too...so, i've always had a lot of people try to push me in that direction.

at times, i've seriously considered it. i have a couple friends that have done it, and i've honestly never heard somebody say that it wasn't a great experience. for some reason i'm hella apprehensive about it though. you don't get to choose what country you go to, but you can turn down one or two that they assign to you. i'd be way more willing to do it if i had one friend go with me, but i'd be hella scared that everybody in my group would be hella square/boring...i don't know.

as far as living expenses, when my dad did it, they gave him and a couple other dudes an apartment with a maid and cook...and he got a modest allowance. this was in india in the 70's. he said that it was enough to get by on, but he wasn't ballin or anything...however, if you bring money with you, most of the countries you go to are hella poor, and the dollar probably goes a long way.

Jun 2, 2002
yeah the application process seems kinda extensive. are they pretty selective? do you know if having a BA, having experience as an educator, and being a fluent spanish speaker is enough for what theyre looking for? or is it much more than that?
i think that would put you ahead of the game....

Dec 17, 2004
^^^nah im a changed man. no more thinking up ridiculous ideas of tagging up my city. i thank the siccness for that.

...well maybe if things get really boring...or if everyone else is doing it

ps - can i still say im in a tagging crew if we've come up with the idea and the names, even though none of us have got out and actually wrote on anything yet?

Apr 25, 2002
The Peace Corps is a perfect structure for the CIA. It provides a point of contact with the working class which is so necessary for information gathering. And, because of the Peace Corps structure, the CIA does not have to control it in order to use it successfully.

They work with them, observe their customs, their way of life, their traditions. And then they draw up work reports describing their experiences.

It is not necessary to have many agents in the Peace Corps -- just in the right places and with access to all the information which is generated. Unknowingly, thousands of U.S. youths, most thinking that they are helping people, are instead gathering data for the CIA.

Those agents in the Peace Corps who are conscious of their role have several tasks. As they mingle with the people, they are identifying future leftist leaders as well as those right-wingers who in the future would work for U.S. interests. They are assessing consciousness, evaluating reactions to reforms. And they are selecting and training future agents.

Example:

Latin America, Chile, 1970's:

The Peace Corps was used as a front to get paramilitary equipment into the country. Ellis Carrasco, as head of the Peace Corps, was himself accused of gun-running. Later, the U.S. Army donated and installed radio receivers in all Peace Corps regional offices to facilitate communications. These same receivers were used during the coup to facilitate coordination of the Junta's bloody activities.

http://www.siccness.net/vb/showthread.php?t=68798

Dec 17, 2004
good point. never really thought of that, but it does make sense. however its got to depend on where youre staying and when. sure, if youre staying in countries that the u.s. has interest in at the time then they probably would use the peace corp for assistance. but if youre staying in some little village in nepal with no resources the u.s needs and where fools are so disconnected from much of the world, i dont think the government has too much interest in that. especially with the fish theyre gonna have to fry or get fried by for the next decade.

good shit though. hella cynical and conspiracy sounding....but interesting and reasonable