Patron - The Jury Is In

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 17, 2006
I consider myself to be a fledging Tequila connoisseur.

Tequila has become the new Cognac, at least in Oakland. Meaning it
has assurped Cognac/Alize/etc. as the new cool drink you want all your
cool friends to see you drinking, will impress the ladies, etc.

I had previously had the Silver and the Reposado several times and was
not particularly impressed. It was definitely good, but not worth the
premium price. I figured to give it a fair shake, I had to try the
Anejo, which I did last night (and right now too, as a tastly
breakfast beverage alongside a homemande sangrita I just slapped
together).

Well, same shit. It's good, but not that good. Not worth the $45,
for damn sure. I can think of half a dozen tequilas off the top that
are noticably beter than this, that all run $35-40.

Patron is officially overrated.

This is my first post to the open forum, does this belong in Detox, or is that forum for all other drugs other than alcohol?

STRATEGY

Mar 17, 2006
cazadores is my shit aint to expensive only thing tho is the top on it makes it so you cant drink out of the bottle
haha, it's not a beer man, you're supposed to sip that shit.

Yeah, Cazadores is a good example of one that's better than Patron and cheaper.

The Anejo is nice, it's the one where the deer is engraved on the glass instead of the paper label.

STRATEGY

Jan 21, 2003
www.myspace.com
I damn near died when I was 15yrs old off some Cuervo. I went through like 3days of throwing up and convulsing. I couldn't even hold down water. Thinking back, I should have went to the hospital, but I knew I was under age, had no insurance and was on probation. I coulda fuked around and died 4real. Grant it, it understand that Cuervo is not a premium liquor, but I can no longer tolerate Tequila at all. If I smell the shit, I'll hurl. Back around '06, Patron was popin' in my circle and I couldn't fuk wit it at all. My folx would say "this is different, you gotta try it!". I couldn't even do it. I'll stick to that Remy.

May 16, 2002
When I tried it for the first time I was not impressed at all. And I have to agree with STRATEGY_510.

I noticed that the label says "IMPORTED" and you if read the little booklet and it tells you how they grow the agave in the mountains of Mexico yada yada yada..

I was that fuckin' bored and un-impressed with this drink. I had to read into it and see what the big deal was cause I wasn't tasting it.

Anyhow, after reading the little story that paints a picture of this drink being so authentic. It say's, BOTTLED IN LAS VEGAS, NV.

:confused:

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
I like patron but it's too expensive for it to not be a good ass tequila. I've had better. I typically fuck with heem tho.

Jun 8, 2004
www.myspace.com
I damn near died when I was 15yrs old off some Cuervo. I went through like 3days of throwing up and convulsing. I couldn't even hold down water. Thinking back, I should have went to the hospital, but I knew I was under age, had no insurance and was on probation. I coulda fuked around and died 4real. Grant it, it understand that Cuervo is not a premium liquor, but I can no longer tolerate Tequila at all. If I smell the shit, I'll hurl. Back around '06, Patron was popin' in my circle and I couldn't fuk wit it at all. My folx would say "this is different, you gotta try it!". I couldn't even do it. I'll stick to that Remy.
Same thing here.. I can't even stand the smell of it now.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.

^ from oakland..but peep anyway

after this tho swear to god me and the homie created the down at the schoolyard w the don julio group

where we'll drink don julio but only at schoolyards

and when drinking it you have to be really low to the ground (down at the schoolyard *see 0:27-0:29*)

were accepting members but theres initiations and shit, its not no boys and girls club.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
i fucking hate bananas too

thats the ONLY fruit i hate

like if someone chopped up some bananas for me in really nice piles, youre such a stupid fuck

im like ewww pieces of shit on my plate *pushes to side*

go figure

nilla wafers are alright though, which are supposedly banana flavored, but not to me. ill smash on a box of those with vanilla ice cream.

Aug 17, 2004
No one cared about Patron until they heard about it in a fucking rap song. Just like "purp" and lean... The shits been around forever but once some suburban fucks heard it in a rap song it became official. Fucking bandwagon lemmings...I think its terrible and would never waste any money on it. I'd take 1800 over that bullshit anyday and even 1800 isn't that great....

Jun 3, 2002
www.aod-org.com
Patron is decent for what it is, an average hyped up middle level tequila. Its funny to me how the last couple of years people are acting like they've been up from patron from the get go, yet they take a shot and cant even keep a straight face. For an inexpensive tequila that has a good flavor try Milargo silver, half the price of patron and taste similar.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
No one cared about Patron until they heard about it in a fucking rap song. Just like "purp" and lean... The shits been around forever but once some suburban fucks heard it in a rap song it became official. Fucking bandwagon lemmings...I think its terrible and would never waste any money on it. I'd take 1800 over that bullshit anyday and even 1800 isn't that great....
I tried lean due to rap. I still have some but probably won't really fuck with it. Purple on the other hand taste better to me. I don't give a damn about some rap shit, cuz rappers talk about grape swishers and those shits are nasty. I'd rather fuck with some grapes in the blunt on some pure taste shit.

Jan 27, 2008
Fuck that patron shit. Also fuck cognac, where the fuck you from france? Be a real man and drink some jack daniels or jim beam. Drink the fucking whiskey and show some heart.

LISICKI

rosecityplaya
Dec 9, 2005
Fuck that patron shit. Also fuck cognac, where the fuck you from france? Be a real man and drink some jack daniels or jim beam. Drink the fucking whiskey and show some heart.
heres a hat for you to rock while your with your drinkin buddies