PATRICK WILLIS ABOUT TO BE rOOKIE OF THE WEEK AGAIN

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

ArYo

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2002
I ain't tryin to jinx the man but what a way to start out a career. Winnin two weeks in a row. Beefy.

May 9, 2002
I guess i dont understand WHY when he clearly didnt even have the best GAME this last weekend as a rookie. Must be ALOT of homer 9er fans voting.

Amobi Okoye, DT, Houston Texans

Recorded four tackles, a pair of sacks and forced a fumble in the Texans, 34-21 win over the Panthers. Okoye's two sacks occurred on third-downs (for a loss of 8 and 10 yards) to end the Panthers drive and forcing them to punt each time.

^^^Had a much better day.

Mar 12, 2005
It can go both ways, @Jesse Rice take into account that Patrick Willis led the team in both solo and team tackles so yeah. The defense didn't do jack, st. louis had almost 400 yards of total offense, i think they did. anyways who ever gets it, i'm for it.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Taking nothing away from Willis because he's an animal... but Okoye's stats were much better so he should win it this time.

Rich

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
I Fucked Your Mom said:
I guess i dont understand WHY when he clearly didnt even have the best GAME this last weekend as a rookie. Must be ALOT of homer 9er fans voting.

Recorded four tackles, a pair of sacks and forced a fumble in the Texans, 34-21 win over the Panthers. Okoye's two sacks occurred on third-downs (for a loss of 8 and 10 yards) to end the Panthers drive and forcing them to punt each time.

Yeah and Willis helped deflect (almost intercepted) a pass in the endzone which stopped the Rams from scoring 7 points. The Rams then had to kick a field goal. Who helped more? The 9ers only won by 1 point, and the Texans won by more over the Panthers. But yeah.

May 9, 2002
Rich said:
Yeah and Willis helped deflect (almost intercepted) a pass in the endzone which stopped the Rams from scoring 7 points. The Rams then had to kick a field goal. Who helped more? The 9ers only won by 1 point, and the Texans won by more over the Panthers. But yeah.
And Okoye stopped 2 drives from being potential TD's (by making them punt due to sacks on third downs), which could have swung major momentum towards the Panthers...who knows how that game could have turned out.

This week, Okoye>Willis

Apr 25, 2002
I Fucked Your Mom said:

I believe they are crediting Willis in large part for holding Steven Jackson to 60 yards on 21 carries, and he IS very much responsible for that.

ArYo

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2002
FATAL NYGHTMARE said:
I believe they are crediting Willis in large part for holding Steven Jackson to 60 yards on 21 carries, and he IS very much responsible for that.
You took the words right out of my mouth. To add on to that Willis was also flyin all over the field, droppin back on passes coverin the WRs. Yeah Okoye had those flashy stats, but stats ain't everything. How many people that are comparing the 2 players actually watched both games this week front to back?

Aug 7, 2003
watch the video, willis actually stopped a TD and went head on with steven jackson and won. okoye got a sack on delhomme cus he held onto the ball way too long and the other sack that had a force fumble happened because delhomme was throwing it when he got in.