Pac-Man actin like a lil bitch right now! (re:Marquez)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 19, 2002
Pacquiao: Dela Hoya will feel my punch
By Abac Cordero
Monday, September 15, 2008

Manny Pacquiao will make sure Oscar dela Hoya feels his punch right from the start.

“He agreed to use eight-ounce gloves so I’m sure he will feel my punch. It’s impossible for him not to feel my punch,” Pacquiao said yesterday just hours before his scheduled flight to Los Angeles.

Pacquiao faced the media in a packed function room at the Rennaisance Hotel in Makati, and he spoke confidently about his Dec. 6 “Dream Match” with Dela Hoya at the MGM in Las Vegas.

The use of the eight-ounce gloves, instead of the 10-ounce gloves is one of the concessions given to the Filipino camp.

Dela Hoya also agreed on the weight limit of 147 pounds just for the fight to push through, and a fine of $3 million for every excess pound in excess of the limit.

“It would have been better for him using the 10-ounce gloves. But he agreed to eight,” added Pacquiao, who arrived at the hotel with his wife Jinkee and their two sons, and loyal friends like Chavit Singson, Lito Atienza, Rod Nazario and Hermie Rivera.

He said training starts immediately once he gets to LA. Monday will be the start of the 10-week grid and he expects sparring to start the first week of October.

This is the biggest fight in Pacquiao’s career and this will be the toughest, longest training he has lined up. Before the start of the press conference, Pacquiao was blessed by Fr. Fernando Suarez, the amazing healing minister.

“We will study their style, and I’m sure they will study our style. We will train differently, with a new strategy. But my speed will still be the key to this fight” he said.

Pacquiao said he’d love to fight as the underdog because it will only make him work harder in training.

He also talked about Juan Manuel Marquez who stopped Joel Casamayor in the 11th round yesterday to snare the Ring lightweight crown. Marquez, who lost to Pacquiao last March after a draw in 2004, is seeking a third fight against the Filipino superstar.

“No problem. Anytime. But he must agree to my offer because I will be the promoter. If he agrees to a small offer, then it means he’s really interested. If he fights for a bigger purse, then it’s just for the money,” said Pacquiao, the reigning WBC lightweight champ.
:confused:

It doesnt sound like he wants it much.