P.U.I Producing under the influence.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 2, 2002
What kinf of shit do you do to get inspired? Lately i've been uninspired and i've been loooking for anything to get me back in the creative mindframe.

I remember when all I did was smoke bud/drink sit down and compose a beat so easy. It's been a minute since I've got fucked up and made a beat, I quit doing that becuase I didn't want to depend on dope and liquor to be creative , but tonight I did and creatvity came back.

So what do you do to get out of creative slumps?

Jun 2, 2002
www.myspace.com
Normally I'll listen to some oldies, to get some ideas, vibes, or I'll listen to some beats that are real solid, and get some inspiration that way. Another way, just play on the keys, and think up melodies. I always have some kind of melody in mind before I go and start composing, and I start off that.

Feb 2, 2006
i usually make the best beats right when i wake up in the morning. but a good beat can come at any time. and i stopped somking so i dont prouduce high or drunk either.

Apr 26, 2006
MALKI said:
i usually make the best beats right when i wake up in the morning. but a good beat can come at any time. and i stopped somking so i dont prouduce high or drunk either.

Yeah me too. Or really late at night. The middle of the day is just too active, too many interruptions n shit.

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
Somtimes I make some dope shit when I'm high, other times it sounded like I was on dope to make that shit...

you know when you feelen it, or you forcen it

On the rap tip, I do better sober... I freestyle high allight , but for an actual well put together song, I perfer just a lil dank or drank to take the edge off, and thats it

Jan 2, 2003
....myself also.... I mostly get down on the tunes at night

smoke a splif and a little bit of drank and I'm good 2 go

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
i think that concept of being high to be creative is highly overrated. I live in my brain anyways. I just need to jump on it when I get an idea before i lose it, they usually come up in my head when i'm no where near my rig.

Aug 9, 2002
i get in the mood after hearing some dope ass beats or some good oldies and then i get good ideas for what i wan't my next project to sound like as far as melodies and moods.

Oct 21, 2006
jayda650 said:
i think that concept of being high to be creative is highly overrated. I live in my brain anyways. I just need to jump on it when I get an idea before i lose it, they usually come up in my head when i'm no where near my rig.
Are you serious? I can think of so many ideas when I'm high. All kinds of ideas, not just music. I haven't smoked for a long long time, but I can definitely remember having a lotta ideas when I'm high just cuz my thoughts flow a lot better.