OT: New Potluck CD

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Dan-o

Sicc OG
Dec 15, 2004
I must say that I think they took Promo to the next step with the new CD. Street teams should be set up more like this. The snipets I have heard have been amazing and I can't wait to get it.

Dan-o

Sicc OG
Dec 15, 2004
ok the street teamers who promo the most get free pipes, a potluck i pod just full of potluck music, and you get to decide local openers for their show, or openers. I just think that is a dope concept. love them or hate them I respect the way they take care of their fans.

Nov 6, 2005
Ive always thought Subnoize's teams are really a good look for the company. They have managed to bring a slightly above average fan that wants to help, and made them feel like they are truly a part of the company. Street teaming is often a very.... difficult position. On one hand most street teamers know that they're doing it out of love for the artist/label, but it gets very tasking at times. Combined with the fact that its (partially) reward less it can turn it into more of a "job" than something done for a "hobby". I guess it all depends on how far up the "ladder" you go within your market. I personally loved doing the intro level promotion stuff, but once I took the team over, the combination of my regular life, and the expectations that come with making the team a priority, ruined the enjoyment I used to get from being involved in the music. So when a company goes out of there way to make you feel that they REALLY appreciate what your doing, its a really good look into how that company values the people out there putting in work.

Apr 14, 2006
I'm glad to hear about a new Potluck album. I've been a fan since I saw them at a Tech N9ne show years ago in San Francisco. (They came out before Nickatina who came out before Tech N9ne. Dope ass show!) I actually bought their Harvest Time CD off of One Ton, who was selling them outside the show when it was over. He was selling it for $10, but I only had $9 left in my pocket, and he hooked me up. I'll have to cop this one when it comes out.