OT: Is Hip-Hop just a fucking joke now?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 17, 2009
A bit tired here so the typing may be off...

dont get me wrong, theres a lot of talented rappers out there.......but lets be honest niggas you to need some sort of talent to make it big, to get some respect, now you get any half ass rapper who makes half ass lyrics over some nice beats and he automatically becomes the next big thing

and its not even just rappers, its also producers.......you got kids that have no musical talent and dont even know how to read music that can copy and paste a sample over some 808's add a synth and some high hats and next thing you know the whole world is screaming "im think im big meech"

then you have the dj's, half these niggas cant spin and never even went diggin in the crates, they got their ipod, they got their dj applications and their electroinc turntables with their electronic scratches and sound fx......s**t is f**king lame how talent is no longer a priority in hiphop

you got niggas saying wiz khalif, currency, and kid cudi are good emcees when most of the time they dont spit about s**t, literally, 3 minutes records talking about the dumbest s**t yet, f**k it who am i kidding the rap fans love it

joe budden is a herb, he talks mad s**t, gets his ass smacked around, and people give him a pass because he's nice. wayne, nigga basically sticks baby's dick in his mouth on national tv and some how the world doesnt care, i mean god forbida rapper cries on tv, niggas gonna call him a b**ch but wayne plus tonsle hockey with baby and its alright???

here is my prediction for the future of mainstream rap:

-its mostly gonna be music talored to females between the ages 18-28

-its mostly gonna consist senseless punchlines and retarded voice alterations. Example: No arms or Legs i still move.....SNAKE (s**t like that)

- homo's are gonna be accepted into the music industry and when that happens skinny jeans will be the least of your nightmares, it'll be lip rings, face tattoos, and other unmanly wear

-everybody will copy each other, everytime theres a hit record or new popular sound it will be copied because niggas now and days are incapable of being themselves or only want to join the bandwagon

-Lil b will expand to the overseas and the people outside america will think thats whats poppin in the states, that will then be copied

-alot of the old heads will be forgotten, except jay-z cause he rich as hell, nas will take another L

-they never gonna find who kill biggie, p.diddy is still going to rape artist as usual

-female and young kid rappers will be the popular thing

-black people will again dissapoint and set us back another 50 years or so, something stupid will happen possibly involving kanye

-as much as i hate this guy flo rida will continue to make club hits after club hit after club hit, sorry you cant stop him

-joe budden will quit the rap game and start a reality show and then work as a commentator for hockey games

-underground will be more popular than ever but the government gonna try to shut it down because of "VIOLENCE"

-em, drake, wanye, jay-z and nikki will win most if not all the awards on bet and mtv, so dont even bother watching it

only things that would save hip-hop:

People start looking at the underground/independent game

This "fad" is just something like the shiny suit era back in the late 90s that will be ended by an artist like DMX or Eminem dropping classics like "Its Dark and Hell Is Hot" , SSLP, MMLP, Chronic 2001, etc and bringing hardcore rap and lyricism back to the masses.

master p comes out with that music channel he been working on and only plays artist who deserves that shine and come out with there own award shows, that'll be cool

world war 3 breaks out and kills half the population hopefully including all the idiots making this bum ass music or supporting it

Other than Strange I haven't felt any new Hip-Hop songs at all except maybe Kanye and some of Em's shit(though he isn't what he use to be) I don't even see the fact that I'm one of the only few black dudes around that fuck with Strange as an insult anymore when I take into account what other niggas are listening to.

May 2, 2007
www.wevegotthejazz.com

Hip-Hop is fine.
You're talking mostly about radio Hip-Hop which isn't all that bad.

Edit: read some of the shit you said, and it's official.
You were just talking out of your ass ninety percent of the time, saying shit that everybody already knows.

"Everybody will copy each other"
I thought that was called Young Money?

"Other than Strange I haven't felt any new Hip-Hop songs at all except maybe Kanye and some of Em's shit(though he isn't what he use to be) I don't even see the fact that I'm one of the only few black dudes around that fuck with Strange as an insult anymore when I take into account what other niggas are listening to."

Didn't you just say to check the underground? How are you gonna say that if you're not feeling 99% of what's released in the Underground?
Check your facts.

There's more good Hip-Hop out this year and last year than in the few years before that, imo.
Including shit that's on the radio, there are some good artists on there now, you just have to pick and choose.

Anyone that says Hip-Hop is dead = just as ignorant as they have been since Nas said it.

May 7, 2008
kirby no offense dude but your still rockin that juggalo shyt..dont think ud know much about the hiphop scene lol

hiphop is fine. but u cant help but think the golden times have long pass'd.

May 2, 2007
www.wevegotthejazz.com
kirby no offense dude but your still rockin that juggalo shyt..dont think ud know much about the hiphop scene lol

hiphop is fine. but u cant help but think the golden times have long pass'd.
I can't even tell you the last time I've listened to ICP, or even what the fuck their latest releases are called.

I can tell you, no matter what I've ever been labeled, I've always taken pride in my knowledge of the Hip-Hop scene.

I know enough to know that Hip-Hop is still dope, and that you're fucking retarded if you think otherwise.

Yang

Sicc OG
May 2, 2004
... skinny jeans will be the least of your nightmares, it'll be lip rings ...
I guess Del tha Funkee Homosapien isn't real Hip Hop anymore.

... and other unmanly wear.
Damn, Andre 3000 too?

but u cant help but think the golden times have long pass'd.
I guess only time will tell on that, but whereas in the last decade people often cited the 90's as being Hip Hop's golden era whilst bemoaning the present, in the 90's people were saying that same shit about the 80's. There will always be a mix of good and bad in Hip Hop, it's just that when people look back they rarely remember all the crap that was out.