OT: Freddy Machete

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 28, 2007
www.doggfood.wordpress.com
I'm a producer that has done work on albums with Tech N9ne, Brotha Lynch, and Cognito under Strange Music. I wanted to start this thread as a place where I could keep y'all updated with music, videos, news, etc. I will try to pertain largly to Strange Music in this thread as this is after all the Strange forum. Feel free to ask me any questions you might have.

To start, I thought I would put this up in honor of Stevie Stone signing with Strange:

Shout out to Tech N9ne and Travis O'guinn for running such a well organized, professional, and all around dope record label.

Also if you're interested, subscribe to my blog http://doggfood.wordpress.com for more content wether it has to do with my work with Strange Music, or any of my other musical endeavors. Thanx!
-Freddy Machete

Jan 16, 2007
Fuck Yeah dude ur beats on DAAM and the one on Lost Scripts was the fucking shit......What's amazing is u put OT in the thread title having respect for the forum, unlike every other aspiring artist, and this topic aint even OT....

looking forward to hearing more shit in the future......

question for ya, what do u use to make beats?

Aug 28, 2007
Fuck Yeah dude ur beats on DAAM and the one on Lost Scripts was the fucking shit......What's amazing is u put OT in the thread title having respect for the forum, unlike every other aspiring artist, and this topic aint even OT....

looking forward to hearing more shit in the future......

question for ya, what do u use to make beats?
Thanx bro...I put OT because I'm not signed to Strange or anything, I just do freelance work or work for hire for them, and I wanted to adhere to the rules of the forum out of respect for others. To answer your question, I make my music with whatever I see fit to complete the track. My philosophy is that it's not what program or sounds are used to make the beat, it's the person behind the computer. I try not to limit myself to a certain program for instance, I've done beats for artists like Andre Nickatina and Mac Dre that have sold tens of thousands of records using the free version of Garage Band that came with my computer. But the software I rely on the most for my tracks is Reason 4. I use Reason 4 with my Yamaha Motif as a midi controller on a Mac G5 generally, but like I said it depends on what the track needs in order to be finished. Like I might make part of the track on Reason and then export it to protools and use some of the effects and sounds on protools and then export that to like Garage Band and use some of the shit on their to wrap it up. Or I might just do the whole track on Reason, it really just depends. If I could recomend any program to an aspiring producer tho it would be Reason. It's super user friendly and easy to use but at the same time it's so advanced with limitless possibilities and you can get so in depth and complex with it. Plus you can make all your own sounds and save them for future use. I hope I didn't bore anyone with the book I just wrote.

Jan 16, 2007
Fuck yeah dude I use Reason too....my question was basically in a actual studio, behind a computer, or physical equipment......So I take it Last Sad Song was Reason huh, that's dope I know Sanders and Matic use FL Studio mostly.....

anyway if u want some more beat making shit for your computer i can hook u up with FL Studio 10, Sony Acid Pro 7.0, Virtual DJ 7, Goldwave, Sony Vegas Pro 10, and Adobe Audition 3.0.....just send me a pm or some shit......

Aug 28, 2007
Fuck yeah dude I use Reason too....my question was basically in a actual studio, behind a computer, or physical equipment......So I take it Last Sad Song was Reason huh, that's dope I know Sanders and Matic use FL Studio mostly.....

anyway if u want some more beat making shit for your computer i can hook u up with FL Studio 10, Sony Acid Pro 7.0, Virtual DJ 7, Goldwave, Sony Vegas Pro 10, and Adobe Audition 3.0.....just send me a pm or some shit......
yea I'm talkin for my pre production beat making type shit. When I get in the studio with the artists to produce vocals etc. I'm usually on Protools HD. I'll hit u on the PM about the software. Thanx homie.

Jan 16, 2007
I realise ur making fun of me but honestly and I read Ur post I laughed and then re read mine and yeah it did sound gay as a fuck.....smfh

Aug 28, 2007
What do you charge for beats?

And where can I hear them?
If you're speaking in general I work with the artists' budget. Like if the artist has a label backing them and they have a good buzz and all that and I know they're paying for beats and i've heard of them and we're signing away rights and collecting royalties and all that shit you can get me at $500 to $1500 up front per track plus industry standard 3% on the back end AT THE ABSOLUTE LOWEST and I'm gunna put in fuckin work and make sure everything is done promptly and professionally.

If you're speaking in terms of for yourself or other artists on the independent come up (which I think is the case here) let's make music! I'm willing to go as low as $200-$350 per track straight up as long as I feel I'm not being bullshitted or wasting time. Plus package deals depending on the quantity of tracks (the more you buy the cheaper it's gunna be). And still everything will be handled promptly and professionally. Here's the deal and i'm glad you asked cuz I wanted to spell this out for anyone else who might be interested as well:

*I've got a site that's under maintenance that will be back up in the next
few days whereupon I will post the link.

*You can hear snippets and choose the ones you like and then let me know
via email

*I provide a price quote

*You hit my paypal

*When the funds are recieved I will take the tracks off the market and email
you the beat as well as the whole track seperated out for you to mix,
master and do with what you please (if you prefer i can mail it on cd)

*The track then belongs to you. I don't lease or recycle beats.

Aug 28, 2007
Found this:

Funny thing about that song ("Going Crazy" first track on Automatic + Cognito's opening song for performance) is that for the most part my 16 year old little brother made the beat. I just made it knock a little harder and gave it some flavor. Pretty dope for him he was hella excited.

*EDIT:
As long as i'm showin Cognito footage:

Jan 16, 2007
So the real question people want to know is not how much u charge in general but how much did u charge for Last Sad Song????

BTW the bitches in the Cog vid look like they can take a dick