OT: Black Walt on kc news defending lyrics

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 31, 2006
http://www.fox4kc.com/videobeta/watch/?watch=aeea8878-13a1-4abf-b2b4-43b79af04f07&src=front

RIGHT NOW:
Working for You: Today's Jobs
Kansas City Rapper Defends Violent Lyrics as Reality

Monica Evans Web Producer Rebecca Sapakie

July 28, 2009
KANSAS CITY, MO. - A local artist is getting some airtime on the radio rapping about crime. Are the lyrics negative or just a part of the harsh reality of the hood?

Walter Jefferson, known as "Black Walt", admits the lyrics on his new CD "Exclusive" can be viewed as negative, but he said he's rapping about truth.

The lyrics may shock you, but Black Walt said he's just rapping about reality.

There's no doubt that Kansas City has it's share of violent crime and drive-by shootings.

In fact, the Kansas City Police Department said in 2008 there were 68 drive-by shootings from 47th Street to Grandview and 49 drive-by shootings so far this year.

"Kansas City is known for drive-by shootings. It's known for violent murders not saying that's the only aspect of Kansas City 'cause there is a lot of positive that goes along in Kansas City also," said Black Walt.

"It's just reflecting what's out here. We are like new reporters in our own way. We report what's happening from the streets. What we don't want to do, we don't want to encourage anyone to participate in violence, or participate in drive-by shootings and to think that's cool," said Black.

FOX 4 asked former Kansas City Mayor Pro-temp Alvin Brooks from the Adhoc Group Against Crime to listen to Black Walt's song "KC Mizzou" because Brooks has been vocal about violence on the streets and in music.

"Where is our golden door? It isn't in wallowing in what has occurred to us. There has to be a future and I don't see that, don't hear that, don't sense that in what he's saying and what others are saying and that's why I have been a critic of gangsta rap and that kind of rap that keeps us in a state of hopelessness," said Brooks.

Walt said his music isn't gangsta rap, it's reality rap. Black Walt's new CD "Exclusive" hits record stores nationwide in September.

Nov 14, 2002
"Kansas City is known for drive-by shootings. It's known for violent murders not saying that's the only aspect of Kansas City 'cause there is a lot of positive that goes along in Kansas City also," said Black Walt.
Good opening quote.

FOR ME TO POOP ON!

Aug 31, 2005
nztechfan says: who's black walt?
local KC artist Tech credits for helping him come up with his name. Black Walt took a lyric on Kutt's cd as an attack at him "Quit Jeffin' Mr. Jefferson" since his last name is Jefferson, he then released a diss song and video, which oddly enough featured big scoob (in the video) but I think Scoob didn't know it was a diss

think that about sums it up

Aug 20, 2006
FLA
Good opening quote.

FOR ME TO POOP ON!
i lol'd
local KC artist Tech credits for helping him come up with his name. Black Walt took a lyric on Kutt's cd as an attack at him "Quit Jeffin' Mr. Jefferson" since his last name is Jefferson, he then released a diss song and video, which oddly enough featured big scoob (in the video) but I think Scoob didn't know it was a diss

i think he was being sarcastic. and by "think", i mean you got trolled.

Jul 1, 2007

thanks homie but i was just taking the piss:lick: