online schools to get a degree

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 12, 2006
around how much does signing up cost? i commute to walnut creek from antioch daily...i leave at 6.30 for work and get back to pittsburg around 6.30 on a good day...the job is cool just hella work and 17.00 an hour for all the shit i do doesnt seem worth it...i pay bills and mortgage so i cant stop workin and time dont allow me to attend night classes which start around 5'ish

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
What kind of work you do? I'm kind of in the same boat, cool thing is my company pays up to 8k a year for school up front. I want to take advantage of that shit asap.

Jul 12, 2002
The thing you have to consider about online schools is that when you go out and apply for jobs and you have a degree from an online school as oppose to a regular degree, the people with regular degrees will look better. I'm not saying that these schools can't provide the same education and that you won't be as smart as somebody that attended a regular college, but it's the way people perceive an online school. It doesn't hold as much weight yet in the eyes of a lot of people.

Aug 12, 2002
www.veronicamoser.com
^Absolutely true, but if, after you've recieved this degree, you look at it as a ''foot in the door'' type of thing, you can go back when your hours are more flexible/you have more time and continue your education, earning other degrees.

Good luck.

Dec 27, 2002
you can get real degrees from real schools via web-based extension programs...just have to look around for the right program...but it'll probably cost quite a bit