Old Skool Texas rap

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 10, 2002
H-TOWN
Does anyone know what happened to Pony J? He was like the lead rapper when P.K.O. first came out.

Nino and Kottonmouth are tight. I remember when Nino used to sound like Scarface.

Sep 17, 2005
Hell yeah, tha muthafuckin hardest group to drop outta TX back in the gap as far as just straight gangsta shit. Pounds Ki'z and OZ' Nino has a new album should be droppin soon. It sounds weak from what Ive heard though. That fool moved to Houston and just started rappin about candy cars and shit like that.:angry:

Jan 6, 2003
that old PKO is straight up classic. Slept on them for years because I was all up on Houston rap, not San Antonio/ Dallas. Don't fuck wit texas is a slammin record. Funny thing about the CD is that all tracks are in one, it's not possible to skip to the next track. And who is that white dude on the cover???

Armed & Dangerous is a classic record, in fact all up to no pain no gain is coming hard. Didn't like the new style, that blingbling-BS after that record.

Sep 17, 2005
That aint a white dude on the cover, thats DJ AK. Hes standin behind the Daryll Gates Tombstone on They Scared Of a Nigga. From left to right on that DFWT cd is: Magic Mark, K-Sam, Curl Earl, Pony J, DJ AK. Yeah after No Pain No Gain Nino got shot in San Antone and was setup wit the feds by this white dude who used to run commerce street. Move to H-Town around the time the Wreckshop/Swishahouse thing was gettin a buzz and changed his style.

Nov 10, 2002
H-TOWN
When you Og like Nino, sometimes its best to change a little with the times, but not do a complete change. It makes you look fake.

On the Money Mackin Trick song, it sound like they taking off on Mc Lyte.
Them cats were'nt scared to rap about whoever or whatever they wanted to. That's why I love independent shit.

Armed and Dangerous is tight.

dawun

Sicc OG
Oct 10, 2002
Strong said:
When you Og like Nino, sometimes its best to change a little with the times, but not do a complete change. It makes you look fake.

On the Money Mackin Trick song, it sound like they taking off on Mc Lyte.
Them cats were'nt scared to rap about whoever or whatever they wanted to. That's why I love independent shit.

Armed and Dangerous is tight.
hey can you up those 2 albums? DFWT and Armed and Dangerous, I have their others, but never got to hear these two. Appreciate if you can. You can put in the request thread. THx.

also remeber the DJ Quick Diss, San Antonio aint shit like Compton.

Aug 13, 2002
OG_Carl_Weather said:
When did The Geto Boys diss NWA? Ima have to claim falsehood on that one homie.

me too..that never happened!!! They were all in the thanks on the inside of there albums..and they used to quote eachother, and do shows together..

"Willie D told me to let a hoe be a hoe!!' Ice Cube