okay WHUT THE FUCK

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
G

GANGSTAEIGHT

is audiogalaxy out of their FUCKIN mind??
why the fuck are all the searches prohibited??? the last 10 searches I did, i got all X's.... what the FUCK???

Jun 16, 2002
ya i think they got in trouble but just spell the artist name a little wrong or sumthin it'l take a little practice but u can find what u need. Just search for the song names from now on cuz those arent blocked. i hope they dont get shutdown like napster. it looks like their cooperatin with the law atleast.

May 2, 2002
nah you can't download shit. they blocked everything. last night it was working fine but today every search I've done so far has brought up blocked songs. Even the real underground artists who are never blocked.

Apr 25, 2002
YUP THEY GOT'EM

Music industry, song-swapping site reach deal
Reuters
Jun 17 2002 8:03PM

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Music industry groups, including record labels, songwriters and music publishers Monday said they reached a legal settlement with file-sharing Internet service Audiogalaxy.com for an unspecified payment and an agreement to block unauthorized material from the service.
The Recording Industry Association of America, a powerful trade group for the record labels, and the National Music Publishers Association had filed suit against Audiogalaxy in a New York federal court in late May.

The suit had charged Audiogalaxy with encouraging and facilitating online trade by "millions of individual, anonymous users" in copyrighted music.

The full terms of the quickly reached settlement were not available but as part of the deal Austin, Texas-based Audiogalaxy agreed to filter the songs available on its network and ensure that the copyright holders had consented to their use, the music groups said.

Audiogalaxy also agreed to pay the music publishers and record companies a "substantial sum" to resolve the case quickly, the groups said in a statement.

A representative for Audiogalaxy, which had been one of the more heavily trafficked file-sharing Web sites to spring up after the court-ordered shutdown of Napster, could not be immediately reached for comment.

"This should serve as a wake-up call to the other networks that facilitate unauthorized copying," said Hilary Rosen, chairman of the RIAA. "The responsibility for implementing systems that allow for the authorized use of copyrighted works rests squarely on the shoulders of the peer-to-peer network."

The settlement does not require court approval, a spokeswoman for the RIAA said.

The record industry has waged and won a series of legal battles against online file-swapping services, including the high-profile case against Napster.

The music industry blames such services for encouraging consumers to conduct a massive, black-market trade in recorded music, a phenomenon it says has eaten into legitimate sales.

Napster is now controlled by Bertelsmann AG, which acquired the assets of the original peer-to-peer network as part of a deal under which Napster will emerge from bankruptcy as a unit of Europe's second-largest media group.

The settlement in the Audiogalaxy case would allow the privately held service to operate what the recording industry called a "filter-in" system, essentially requiring that all music available was authorized for online sharing by the copyright holders, the music industry groups said.

Reuters/Variety

Apr 25, 2002
Audio Galaxy was the best, I could find some of the latest Bay Albums to preview before I bought it. I heard JT's Hustle Relentless, Authentics solo, Street Warz and many many more..RIP

What are some other good ones with a nice amount of Bay Rap on there? WINMX suck all I get is Busy queble or whatever its called.

G

GANGSTAEIGHT

RAVAGE said:
EA Just calm down! Its just the WEB, Its nothing to shoot your self over!
naw naw NAW FUCC DAT SHIT CUHH

*grabs military issue gatling gun and heads down to RIAA headquarters*