OK, WHO HERE ACTUALLY LIKES SAC-A-INDO?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
now that we have established that everyone and their mother hates the sac-a-indo album, hollis beats, etc. etc.....

who here actually likes the sac-a-indo and/or hollis beats?

personally i think hollis is overall a great producer and though his beats can sometimes get repetative, his better beats far outweigh his sometimes half-assed ones.

to me the sac-a-indo is one of the best albums of the year due in large part to hollis' excellent production. he really stepped it up on this one and came with alot (though not all) original non-typical hollis beats.

i can understand where alot of you hollis-haters are coming from (alot of his shit is either you love it or hate it), but what i dont understand is lumping sac-a-indo with hollis' mediocre, overly-signatrure production. i heard (not counting the bonus tracks) about 3-4 MAX semi-typical hollis beats on there. the rest was very different from his usual work.

May 7, 2002
Sac A Indo had a few nocks....no doubt,but a lot of the beats were just kind of dull...and didnt really fit with x's flow. X ripped Relentless....that verse is siiiiick.

Apr 25, 2002
www.youtube.com
It is on my site to peep in real audio format.I think the cd is ok But hollis just has way too soft beats for me. Someone said he would be a great producer for R &B shit which I think is true. But he is just not right for X.

4sDeuces&Trays

Ain't Nobody Gafflin' Me
Apr 25, 2002
Maryland
xraidedloc like a month ago u were hyping the fuck out of it sayin it was tight as fuck..

everyone was sweatin the fuck out of this album when it dropped. i dont remember anyone not liking it except me and maybe 1 or 2 other people.

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
my cats love that shit. i dont really get into hollis beats but he does have talent. the mix just doesnt go together like previously posted. it does bump with some trunk beaters though.

Apr 26, 2002
www.mp3.com
I Was Dissapointed

I'll give it a 4/10, the beats were just plain horrible, C-Lim came tite as fucc so i give props to C-Lim. I thought this album was gonna end up a new x-raided classis, but instead it ended up as a flop album. I am glad i burned my copy of it.

AOD

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
I was a lil disapointed when I got it but. . .

For the most part I like it. I'm feelin X's flows. I don't think there is anyone out that can fuk with em lyricly. And the bonus traks 47 and 48. "Wit A Mask On Pt.2" and "Meetcha Maker" Man them traks are off the hook. I woulda baught the album just for them traks.

On another note. I'm not feeling Hollis on the production for the most part. And other stuff i've heard em produce like on How The West Was Won. Wasn't feelin those beats either. I'm not feeling Kingpen either. X shoulda just dropped a solo. . .

Apr 25, 2002
www.youtube.com
4sDeuces&Trays said:
xraidedloc like a month ago u were hyping the fuck out of it sayin it was tight as fuck..

everyone was sweatin the fuck out of this album when it dropped. i dont remember anyone not liking it except me and maybe 1 or 2 other people.

yes I do not denay I said that, But that was mainly when I was just bumping tracks 12 and 11. Then I sat down and played the whole cd and The rest of the cd sucked to me except 12 and 11. But it is mainly the production on it not X's Flows. The beats just were way too soft.

Apr 25, 2002
www.2siccaudio.com
I would say flow wise it's a good album, but production wise it's not worth it. I liked everyone's style on the album, I liked X, C-Lim and Kingpen, but the beats were just not right for the album. There was only about 2 or 3 tracks that had any kind of knocc to them. I gave it a 3/5 on my review, but that was mostly for the fact that the flows were good, not the beats.

Late!

Apr 26, 2002
Blutarski said:
I would say flow wise it's a good album, but production wise it's not worth it. I liked everyone's style on the album, I liked X, C-Lim and Kingpen, but the beats were just not right for the album. but that was mostly for the fact that the flows were good, not the beats.