Ok to place ft. license plates on dashboard???

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 1, 2002
Finally got the speeding ticket, t'was $184. The copper also cited me for no license plate on the front (had it in the trunk but what was weird was the copper didn't even go see if I had a license plate in the bumper or not. Just approached the driver side and cited me for speeding). The fine said if I correct this problem then the fine would be reduces to $125 plus $25 processing fee for traffic school. Then I gotta spend $60 for traffic school, turns out I have to go to the real class after all, fucking San Rafael court won't let me do it online. Anyway, I seen people with their front license plates displayed on their dashboard, is that legal and does it qualify for one license plates being in the front? If not then I gotta screw back on the license plates to the front bumper except I have no screws wtf. Where can I get license plates screws? Thanks.

May 4, 2002
u can get screws for it at an auto parts store. im not sure about that front license plate, but i know for sure when ur back plate falls off, dont duct tape it in the back window, because a pig will say he couldnt see the plate even tho he was a foot behind ur car. damn pig and damn dui

Jan 19, 2003
as far as I know that shit isn't legal but will def help ur chances of not gettin pulled over if u dont want to put it on there (but it won't count for gettin a cop to write off the back of the ticket sayin u fixed it).

I got around in the city for like 6 months without ever gettin a ticket for that shit but faggot cops in the suburbs with nothin else to do will pull ya over for it if they get the chance- same shit goes for tints n other fixit tickets. n those bitchmade meter maids will give u a ticket for the front plate if they're writin u up for somethin else like an expired meter or streetcleaning.

fuckin meter maids.

Dec 11, 2002
Not having your license plate attached to your bumper (front, back or front and back depending on your state laws) is just giving them probable cause to pull you over. Hit up Schucks or NAPA and spend the $2 on the screws..

Jun 27, 2002
KALYN said:
Not having your license plate attached to your bumper (front, back or front and back depending on your state laws) is just giving them probable cause to pull you over. Hit up Schucks or NAPA and spend the $2 on the screws..
yup, and if you ridin dirty, smokin in the car...etc....this just opens up pandora box of bullshit....just cope them parts and take 5 mins to attach it....

NASA

Sicc OG
Feb 5, 2003
I never got sweated for driving with my front license plate not mounted on my front bumper and instead on my dash. I drove like that for a while but you know pigs these days..anything just to pull you over.

Jun 23, 2003
I had my trans am in cali for 3 years and no front plate the whole time. Got pulled over three times for it though, lucky 3 I guess. Always let go too. One time in San Jo that cop was an asshole and wanted to call my dad and shit and tell him I was in East San Jo when I was supposed to be at school up in Milpitas. LOL good times.

Out here in AZ no cars have front plates at all. Only like novelty front plates and shit. If you have an Arizona plate on the front, people will ask WTF?

May 13, 2002
azryda420 said:
Out here in AZ no cars have front plates at all. Only like novelty front plates and shit. If you have an Arizona plate on the front, people will ask WTF?
lol fuck a front plate....my state dont require that shit either