Ok Kids, Time For My Nerd Hour

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 26, 2002
yall gonna kill me,

Rebel XD, some rapper from chicago, holds the record for rappin the fastest. He did 683 syllables in 54.5 seconds. I've never heard of this dude but that's pretty quick considering it's over such a long (almost a minute) time.

Anyway, I did someting with "be warned" and counted how fast tech raps in the first 4 bars, the first 2 bars , and the First bar, starting when the beat kicks in.
(This has nothing to do with music, but everything to do with being bored)

# of syllables in the first 4 bars:
=91

Number of Syllables in the first 2 bars of the song:
=49

Number syllables in the first bar
=32 (that's pretty damn fast, it be like 32nd notes at 78bpm, or 16th notes at 156bpm, some people cant even play that fast on the guitar and piano)

as you can see he raps the most syllables in the the first bar. (meaning if he rapped as fast for the whole first 4 bars the number of syllables would be 32 x 4 = 128)

so 32 syllables within a bar divided by 4 comes up to 8 syllables per beat on average.
The tempo of the song is 78 beats per minute.
which adds up to 1.3 beats per second.
so tech raps 10.4 syllables in a second (1.3 beats x 8 syllables per beat)

the rebel xd's syllables per second would be 12.5.

interesting huh? well maybe not.

I was gonna find out in which song tech raps the fastest but im not that bored

now, i'll hand you the sacrificial knive and prepare to move up a level
laterz

Sep 26, 2002
that cracked me up! hahahah
cus at first it was like zero was sayin "awesome" and then i thought about the thread and i saw the comic book store dude from the simpsons sayin that shit hahahahahah

Sep 26, 2002
"according to my sources" the cat i mentioned beat twistas 92 record in 98 or some shit...

disclaimer: speed does not make a good rapper. it's just extra "spice" and frankly I think tech uses it the best outta all the rappers ive heard

Sep 26, 2002
dont know....
never heard of him... i think he might not be... i dont know...

the thing is that a musician has to do what's good for the song and if tech woulda rapped faster on "be warned it woulda probably not been rhythmically correct. like chino XL is pretty fuckin good sometimes but sometimes he sounds like he's just trying to spit as fast as he can and there's no "rhythm" you know?

Sep 26, 2002
Checkthesig said:
rebel xd is a rapper with one song.
so he's just rappin for sport?
tryin to break "tha record"

i thought that's how it was

---------
oh yeah, if twista got to be the "fastest" because of that one song.... fuck i just had the title in my mind but im drunk and i cant think of it...

well any way THAT SONG, i cant understand 1/2 the shit he spit

it s a good song tho

Aug 26, 2002
www.missouri.edu
shnitzel said:
and this rebel xd.. is he a good rapper?
no...he's got this rap that he did live on a radio show floating around on Kazaa. it's gibberish

funny thing is i downloaded it years ago and it was fast i'll give him that....but it seems the version that is floating around on Kazaa is sped up a little bit to make it sound faster. i compared the DJ's voice in the mp3 I initially had to the one i downloaded more recently and you can tell it's been tweaked lol

Aug 26, 2002
www.missouri.edu
http://www.freewebs.com/gmblizzardteam/Rebel%20XD%20-%20Record%20Breaker%20(Worlds%20Fastest%20Rap).mp3

^^^ check it, that's the only Rebel XD file i've heard

it's 3 seconds longer than the one that is floating around on Kazaa so i KNOW someone shortened it