** Official - The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo - all versions thread **

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 25, 2009
This is one of those rare cases when the remake is likely to be better than the original.
saw it few days ago and i would say u right with just one thing Rooney Mara is def not Lisbeth, they should have picked up uglier girl that why Noomi was perfect for that role. Rooney is just to cute

Jul 27, 2009
^^^
I disagree, i think she was perfect in this one. i mean that pic is from before she was cast, the day she got cast she became a different person

she definitely deserves an Oscar for this movie. if this movie isnt nominated for anything else, ill still be cool with just the Best Actress, but i predict that it'll get nominated for Best Score, Best Actress, Best Director, and maybe Best Picture

Jun 23, 2005
this movie was like 3 hours long holy shit. good thing i had my omicron. went the day after christmas and it was packed wit hella americans lol it was a good movie though

Jan 25, 2009
^^^
I disagree, i think she was perfect in this one. i mean that pic is from before she was cast, the day she got cast she became a different person

she definitely deserves an Oscar for this movie. if this movie isnt nominated for anything else, ill still be cool with just the Best Actress, but i predict that it'll get nominated for Best Score, Best Actress, Best Director, and maybe Best Picture
she only looks raw on the beginning but later on u can see that her face is really smooth and cute and not even close to how Noomi looked in her version of Lisbeth and i can bet she will not get nomination :)

May 4, 2002
just got done watching the original version, which was a great fucking movie. i really doubt the american movie could top that unless its a shot for shot remake. which would be bs

Jan 25, 2009
just got done watching the original version, which was a great fucking movie. i really doubt the american movie could top that unless its a shot for shot remake. which would be bs
american version is much closer to book then swedish so there imo is beeter and actors did their job too with one exeptions which i mention above

Jan 25, 2009
Are there more movies to this series?
americans as u know not yet but im looking forward to it
but Sweds made all trilogy into movies and i would suggest try to grab extended version of it which is few hours longer (they made mini 6 ep series out of 3 movies)
2 other moivies/books in the serie are :
The Girl Who Played with Fire
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest

but i think i menation this before none of those movies come even close to books

Jazzo

Master of Debauchery
Aug 18, 2003
Off the Grid
I read all three books while I was in the Pen. I just saw the new version in theatres last week and loved it. It has more details from the book than the Swedish version did. They did change a few minor details from the book though. I recommend to read all three books before seeing the movies. I'm looking forward to the English remakes of "Played With Fire" and "Kicked The Hornets Nest".
Lisbeth is a cold piece of work!!!

May 4, 2002
americans as u know not yet but im looking forward to it
but Sweds made all trilogy into movies and i would suggest try to grab extended version of it which is few hours longer (they made mini 6 ep series out of 3 movies)
2 other moivies/books in the serie are :
The Girl Who Played with Fire
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest

but i think i menation this before none of those movies come even close to books
I'll check out the other movies on netflixs