Official Oakland Raiders 2016-2017 Season Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 2, 2006
Reno,Nv
Aldon smith applies for reinstatement. His suspension is up in November. Hope he can stay clean and get his shit together. Once him and Edwards comes back, the defense should start rolling.
he better stay fucking clean, oakland has done nothing but try and help him, fresh start, i think he needs out of the bay area tho if he cant stay clean to be real

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Looks like the NFL is gonna step in and block the move to Vegas. Wish the NFL would stop fucking around and throw some money down in Oakland. The NFL is going to make $13.5 billion in revenue this year and it's gone up every single year. I don't understand why they can't drop a billion on a stadium in Oakland and just have the Raiders pay it back over 20 years?

Report: NFL against Las Vegas, wants to keep Raiders in Oakland - CBSSports.com

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
I think Mark Davis is about to get punked out of ownership. I think Davis will get denied to move to Vegas, he might try and sue to the NFL (if he even has enough money).

Meanwhile on the other side the Lott group is going to get the Coliseum land and will negotiate a deal to build a stadium also, but only if Davis gives them a large ownership stake. I can see Davis saying no to the deal and the other NFL owners voting him out.

From what I'm reading Davis has zero money outside of his Raider's equity and if his mom dies he won't be able to pay the inheritance tax on the Raiders and will have to sell anyway. Almost seems like Davis is trying so hard to get them to Vegas or LA to be able to have the team attached to a brand new stadium so when he's forced to sell anyway he'll be able to get a lot more money. I don't think the NFL is going to play that game with him lol