**Official "Django Unchained" Thread**

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 27, 2009

Quentin Tarantino has handed in the final draft of his spaghetti western script Django Unchained to Weinstein Co., his agency WME confirms. According to Tarantino Archives, the title Django Unchained pays homage to both the Sergio Corbucci original Django, not to mention Takashi Miike’s Sukiyaki Western Django, which features Tarantino (see clips for both below). UPDATE: Another long-rumored inspiration, once optioned by Miramax, was Elmore Leonard’s 40 Lashes Less One.

“Django is a freed slave, who, under the tutelage of a German bounty hunter (played by Christopher Waltz the evil Nazi officer in Inglorious Basterds) becomes a bad-ass bounty hunter himself, and after assisting Waltz in taking down some bad guys for profit, is helped by Waltz in tracking down his slave wife and liberating her from an evil plantation owner. And that doesn’t even half begin to cover it! This film deals with racism as I’ve rarely seen it handled in a Hollywood film. While it’s 100 percent pure popcorn and revenge flick, it is pure genius in the way it takes on the evil slave owning south. Think of what he did with the Nazis in Inglorious and you’ll get a sense of what he’s doing with slave owners and slave overseers in this one.”

source: http://blogs.indiewire.com/thompsono...ngo_unchained/
cant wait.

http://blogs.indiewire.com/thompsononhollywood/2011/04/30/tarantino_find_a_title_django_unchained/

Last edited by a moderator:

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
i'm guessing because its a track record. tarintino seems full of himself, as he should though. dude has made some of the best films in movie history but after a while, and who can blame the guy, he seemed to feel like he can do anything he wants and still get the thumbs up. while IB and DP were not horrible movies by my standards, they seemed to be a mix of trying to hard and not giving a fuck rolled up in one.

dont matter, people who like and people who dont like will both check this film out and he will still get payed.

as the world spins.

Oct 27, 2008
tarantino is hella tweakerish, & i hate the dialogue in his movies for the most part. i heard Inglorious Bastards was good though.. but then again, people also loved Kill Bill. dont get me wrong, he's made a few good movies.. but he's overrated to say the least.

Jul 27, 2009
Jamie Foxx has joined Quentin Tarantino's upcoming film Django Unchained.

The Oscar winner will play the titular character, a freed slave who tries to rescue his long-lost love, Broomhilda, from a plantation owner, Calvin Candie (Leonardo DiCaprio), with the help of a German bounty hunter, who will be played by Inglourious Basterds' Christoph Waltz. Fellow Tarantino alum Samuel L. Jackson also stars as Candie's slave, Stephen, while Kerry Washington, Foxx's Ray co-star, is in talks to play Broomhilda.

Check out photos of Jamie Foxx

"I think, just to be able to work with Quentin Tarantino and Samuel Jackson, Leonardo DiCaprio, and to be able to tell a story that needs to be told," Foxx told CNN, explaining why he took the role. "If you're a fan of, I mean, you know — it's just amazing. It should be [an] amazing [thing]."

Tarantino originally offered the lead role to Will Smith, who turned it down. He then met with Idris Elba, Terrence Howard and Chris Tucker before casting Foxx, according to Variety.

Django Unchained is scheduled to hit theaters Christmas Day 2012.

Tarantino got the Gawd Leo DiCaprio. i wouldve preferred Idris Elba over Jamie Foxx though

Nov 7, 2006
i always thought Jamie Foxx was a good actor who just picks shitty rolls (for the most part) i bet tarantino will bring out the best in him.

Jul 27, 2009
i hope that DiCaprio is already signed on and not just in talks. because he was supposed to be in Inglorious Basterds too but then Tarantino changed his mind and cast Christoph Waltz instead