Official Chicago Bulls Offseason Thread!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003
I know we have a few Bulls fans here so lets get this started. This offseason's free agent class has the most talent of any offseason in the history of the NBA! I am excited and I see us adding a great piece to an already up and coming squad. Who do u think of all the great free agents that will be available that we have the best chance to add? Check the list below of important unrestricted free agents:

Unrestricted
LeBron James
Dwayne Wade (P)
Chris Bosh (P)
Amare Stoudemire (ETO)
Dirk Nowitzki (ETO)
Carlos Boozer
Joe Johnson
Yao Ming (ETO)
Paul Pierce (ETO)
David Lee
Michael Redd (ETO)
Al Harrington
Richard Jefferson (ETO)
Ray Allen
John Salmons (ETO)
Tyson Chandler (ETO)

ETO - Early Termination Option
P - Player Option

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/s...eeAgents-10-11

Obviously we have big rumors that LeBron will come to the squad and man would I be doin cartwheels if that happens! The more we get closer to free agency and the more I hear, the more I think its gonna be a reality! Got Em!!

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003
Oakley: Bulls or Heat — not Knicks — for LeBron

The New York Daily News reports: Charles Oakley, a friend/mentor to LeBron James over the past few years, offers some insight into King James' head.

"Chicago or Miami," says Charles Oakley, the former Knicks power forward and close friend of Michael Jordan. "Not New York. He's leaving."

"He wants to go someplace where he can win," Oakley said following Cleveland's Game 5 loss on Tuesday. "He's been in the league, what, seven or eight years? It's time for him to get over the hump."

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com...or-lebron.html

Got Em!!

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003
NBA Rumors: LeBron James Calls Derrick Rose, Grouped with John Calipari?

As suspected, the LeBron James speculation juggernaut continues to roll through despite the next round of the NBA playoffs officially underway. The latest slew of rumors seem to all draw us back to Chicago as this continues to be one of the five likely landing spots for James as he enters a free agency period on July 1.

The Daily Herald – a suburban Chicago news source – is reporting that James phoned Chicago point guard Derrick Rose shortly after the Cavaliers were eliminated in Game Six against the Boston Celtics this past Thursday. While the conversation was allegedly very short, the fact that the Chicago Bulls have approximately $20 million in salary cap space and one of the better, young point guards in the league make the entire report intriguing to many. Also a scoring threat, James and Rose could provide the Bulls with their best tandem of talent since the days of Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen.

Adding some fuel to the fire are unconfirmed reports of certain members of LeBron James’ represtation team being seen in Chicago-related apparel over the weekend.

Given the Bulls’ recent firing of head coach Vinnie Del Negro, there continue to be rumors swirling about University of Kentucky coach John Calipari being linked to Chicago in the future. Being seen with James’ agent Leon Rose on more than one occasion over the last few weeks – and even sitting near the Cavaliers’ bench during Game Five against the Celtics – there are now reports that James and Calipari are being “shopped” as a team to those cities with coaching vacancies. New Jersey and the Los Angeles Clippers are also in this rarefied group. And of course, the rumors also involve one power broker William “Worldwide Wes” Wesley.

But are the reports true?

“LeBron likes Cal, he would play for Cal,” said ESPN’s Chris Broussard shortly after these reports broke. “But the notion that he is demanding [John] Calipari be his next coach – whether it is in Cleveland, Chicago or New Jersey - is just not accurate according to my sources.”

If one was to assume that James’ biggest attraction for a future suitor is in fact winning, James will have to not only select a coach that he likes, but one that he is sure will be able to lead him to a championship. As a head coach in the NBA, Calipari has seasons of 26 and 43 wins with the New Jersey Nets, respectively, prior to his firing in 1998 after a 3-17 start.

“These guys are all friendly and do talk together,” Broussard continued. ”But this conspiracy theroy is a little out of whack.”

Internet gambling site Bodog.com had recent updates regarding James and the player-based “prop” bet that lists odds on his 2010-11 home. Cleveland still leads the way, barely, with 8/11 odds. Chicago has closed in rapidly over the last week from 20/1 to 2/1.

Regardless, the fans in the Windy City appear ready to welcome James to town. In the first 24 hours after the Celtics eliminated the Cavaliers from the NBA playoffs on Thursday, the Bulls sold more than 500 new full-season tickets and a team official estimated call volume at about 50-times the normal level, according to the Chicago Tribune.

http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/?p=28630

Got Em!!

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003
how bout them mets? GOT EM!!!
Dude u still immature? Can we stay on topic? I will be more than happy to talk about the Mets or any other team in the appropriate thread. My Mets are playin like doodoo right now after winning like 8 in a row. Oh well its a long season so well see what happens. Man we are both Cowboys fans man, keep it on topic and if u make a Mets thread I will come holla at u. By the way what do u think about the Bulls situation this offseason? Who will we get? Holla. Got Em!!

Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
dont really care who they get, but um calipari aint that good of a coach dude bounces after like a year from pretty much every team and has he won a championship in college? cant remember if yall did get LBJ the bulls would be a force

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003
dont really care who they get, but um calipari aint that good of a coach dude bounces after like a year from pretty much every team and has he won a championship in college? cant remember if yall did get LBJ the bulls would be a force
Yea I hear u about Calipari but if it means u get LeBron then I am all for it. Also I dont blame Calipari for that demise in NJ when he coached as he had no talent and even good coaches need talent. I think he could win with LeBron, Rose, Noah and whoever else we form the team with. But good lookin out man. I would be stoked if we get dude and the way folks are talkin its a very high possibility. Got Em!!

Aug 12, 2002
www.veronicamoser.com
I'm all for getting Lebron, especially if it's in a sign and trade for Deng, like I read yesterday on ESPN.com.

I'm also not on the Calipari bandwagon; I'd rather see them bring in an experienced NBA coach. Byron Scott? Jeff Van Gundy?

Jul 5, 2009
We want Phil back. And if i gotta plant a young, innocent, naked and bound white woman in Kobe's hotel room so his black man urge to have white flesh takes over and he rapes another chick and goes to prison then so be it. Phil will leave L.A. and go the Bulls.

On the real tho, no Calipari. Larry Brown sounds coo if he doesn't leave after two years and go somewhere else.

May 24, 2006
www.fucku.com
If chicago were to do a S & T through deng, that would mean Chicago has more money to spend on other FA's right? I dunno much bout the CBA rules, just the basics but I'm pretty sure chicago would save money by trading away deng's remaining contract(which I believe he signed a max contract a couple years back) to the cavs. I dunno who else could be fillers involved in the trade, but if i'm right bout this, Chicago would be able to go after another big name or close to it FA, maybe not another max contract, but still another player to add to the roster along with the 2 main pieces in lebron and rose.

Now, adding James alone would def put Chicago as one of the favs to win but if Chicago is able to add another player, they'd most def BE the favs to win, I think.

Rose/captain kirk? New 2 guard?/lebron/taj/Noah is a damn good squad. A pure shooting 2 guard would be perfect in that line up to balance out the offense n spread it out. Ray Allen type 2 guard would be PERFECT with that line up.

Buuuuut none of this means shit cuz no one knows if the cavs are even willing to do such a move with Chicago, although I don't see why not for the cavs, and im sure Chicago would love to get rid of deng's contract lol. Deng may not be worth not even close to what he's gettin now but the cavs get NOTHING if they just let lebron walk. Atleast if they decide lebron is leavin, cavs could work out a S & T deal, so they can get SOME conpensation back in return instead of bein empty handed. Replacing lebrons production on the court ain't got happen, he's a once in a generation type player, but like I said, atleast the cavs get some talent back in return.

At the end of the day, it's all up to lebron, so none of THIS won't mean shit if lebron decides to resign wit the cavs, or sign with another team and not chicago lol.

Me, personally, I think he's gonna resign with the cavs on another 3 years deal with a 4th and 5th year player option. He seems like a loyal dude so I think he's gon give his home team another shot. After all, he's only what 25, 26 years old I think. If he signs that I contract I made up(or somethin like it but the base of it is a 3 year deal pretty much) he's still gonna be 28, 29 years old after that contract "expires" which is still damn young. Just in time for his prime years, and if the cavs don't win in that time frame, THEN I think lebron will leave n sign with another team.

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
I really hope Lebron is done with Clevland, he needs to come to chicago.
having Lebron and Rose on our team would=NBA championship
sorry but adding lebron to the bulls would not beat this years celtics team. they would just be another cavs team without the league best record.

Aug 12, 2002
www.veronicamoser.com
sorry but adding lebron to the bulls would not beat this years celtics team. they would just be another cavs team without the league best record.
Since having Lebron on the Bulls would be NEXT YEAR, this post is irrelevant.

With that said...if the Bulls were able to work a sign and trade for Deng, the other free agent they'd probably zero in on is Bosh, IMO.

Chris Bousard, on Sportscenter today, said that if the Cavs decide to pursue a sign and trade, the Mavs, Rockets, Blazers, and Lakers would be in the mix, also.

Jan 12, 2006
If chicago were to do a S & T through deng, that would mean Chicago has more money to spend on other FA's right? I dunno much bout the CBA rules, just the basics but I'm pretty sure chicago would save money by trading away deng's remaining contract(which I believe he signed a max contract a couple years back) to the cavs. I dunno who else could be fillers involved in the trade, but if i'm right bout this, Chicago would be able to go after another big name or close to it FA, maybe not another max contract, but still another player to add to the roster along with the 2 main pieces in lebron and rose.

Now, adding James alone would def put Chicago as one of the favs to win but if Chicago is able to add another player, they'd most def BE the favs to win, I think.

Rose/captain kirk? New 2 guard?/lebron/taj/Noah is a damn good squad. A pure shooting 2 guard would be perfect in that line up to balance out the offense n spread it out. Ray Allen type 2 guard would be PERFECT with that line up.

Buuuuut none of this means shit cuz no one knows if the cavs are even willing to do such a move with Chicago, although I don't see why not for the cavs, and im sure Chicago would love to get rid of deng's contract lol. Deng may not be worth not even close to what he's gettin now but the cavs get NOTHING if they just let lebron walk. Atleast if they decide lebron is leavin, cavs could work out a S & T deal, so they can get SOME conpensation back in return instead of bein empty handed. Replacing lebrons production on the court ain't got happen, he's a once in a generation type player, but like I said, atleast the cavs get some talent back in return.

At the end of the day, it's all up to lebron, so none of THIS won't mean shit if lebron decides to resign wit the cavs, or sign with another team and not chicago lol.

Me, personally, I think he's gonna resign with the cavs on another 3 years deal with a 4th and 5th year player option. He seems like a loyal dude so I think he's gon give his home team another shot. After all, he's only what 25, 26 years old I think. If he signs that I contract I made up(or somethin like it but the base of it is a 3 year deal pretty much) he's still gonna be 28, 29 years old after that contract "expires" which is still damn young. Just in time for his prime years, and if the cavs don't win in that time frame, THEN I think lebron will leave n sign with another team.