Officers investigate report of missing kilo....

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Hovy

Sicc OG
Oct 16, 2002
I read this in the Toledo Blade my local newspaper and had to post the article....this is some funny shit indeed.

Article published Tuesday, February 21, 2006
By CHRISTINA HALL
BLADE STAFF WRITER

Each year, thousands of thefts are reported in Toledo - everything from packages to pit bulls.

But yesterday, detectives saw an odd one: a kilogram of cocaine.

"I didn't know that was listed," victim Francisco Aldaco later said in an interview with The Blade. "I thought it was funny."

The 31-year-old South Toledoan said he is not missing a kilo (2.2 pounds) of cocaine and that his landlord, the suspect on the theft report, "must have said that to cover [himself]."

The landlord disagrees and said his tenant, who is being evicted, is trying to get him into trouble for being in his house Sunday. The landlord, who is not being identified because he is not charged, said he was shocked when he heard Mr. Aldaco tell police he took his "kilo of dope" from the residence.

The situation between the landlord and tenant unfolded about noon Sunday.

The landlord said he was cleaning out his rental property at 251 Sumner St. when Mr. Aldaco came in and refused to leave, according to a police report.

Police spoke with Mr. Aldaco, who said his landlord didn't have the right to be there and that the landlord stole his property, including a 32-inch Toshiba color TV, a black futon bed, computer hardware, a black-and-gold sofa, and the cocaine.

The landlord said the only thing he removed was trash left by Mr. Aldaco when he moved out. He said he didn't come across any cocaine. "I'd call the police, and they'd have got that before [Mr. Aldaco] had got there," the landlord said.

The landlord said Mr. Aldaco owes money for rent and bills and that he damaged the property. Mr. Aldaco said he's paid his landlord, but the landlord hasn't made any necessary repairs.

The police report stated Mr. Aldaco had an eviction notice dated Wednesday. The landlord said Mr. Aldaco was supposed to be out by midnight Feb. 16.