Observe and Report - hilarious!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 2, 2002
I finally got around to watching it and damn, that was one of the funniest movies Ive seen all year. I dunno where the fuck all the negativity comes from but this movie is hilarious. I would say its probably Seth Rogan's funniest role yet.

Critics were way wrong about this movie.

Jun 23, 2004
You must be high, I did like the part where they started shootin herion doing coke and beating up little kids for a good 10 minutes straight, other than that I give it a C-

May 2, 2002
ah cmon, there were HELLA funny parts. Im not saying the movie was spectacular, it was just really funny. lmao@him knockin the arabian dude out while he was chasing the perv.

May 2, 2002
yeah, I remember you being one of the people that made me not wanna see it in theaters (and I didnt, I downloaded it). why you think it sucked? Im just curious because I dont understand all the negativity.

I mean, I know it was very UNREALISTIC. I just took it for what it was though and enjoyed it.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
There was a few funny parts of course but overall I just found it lame and it had nothing to do with it being unrealistic. Most of the parts that screamed "hey this is funny huh?!?!" were stupid (not in a good way) and were forgotten about two seconds later. They should have focused more on Rogan's squad too. Everytime they showed the asian twins I cracked up just because of how funny/weird they looked. I also think they tried to do too much with the story line where if it would have been a lot simpler it would have been a much better movie. Personally I thought Rogan was decent in the movie but that's not really saying much. Also the flasher scene towards the end was just gay and not funny at all.

It's weird though because I get same "feel" of that movie in Eastbound & Down but Jody Hill actually is going somewhere with the show where I feel Observe and Report just sort of hit a brickwall by the end of it.

Kon1

Sicc OG
May 17, 2002
it was prolly seth rogans most un-comedic (is that a word? lol) movie he's ever made.....

Nov 14, 2002
I just saw this movie... And damn, they sure advertised it as something completely different. I didn't really "like" a single character in the movie. Maybe Ray Liotta, and that's a stretch.

And the story in itself was horrible. I mean, in the end he shoots an unarmed dude in a pretty brutal scene for a "comedy" (which wasn't even funny), in the middle of the store and then just drags him to the police station? They wouldn't in a million years allow that guy to walk into that mall after assaulting 50 police officers who were attempting to remove him.

I dunno the whole movie was a bust to me. It seems like they were writing two completely different movies then just threw the scripts down on the floor, picked up the pages at random and never bothered to reorganize the shit before they shot it...

May 2, 2002
^lol yeah that part was hilarious. that was the dude from pineapple express if Im not mistaken. lmao@him breaking the guys arm in half like a savage

the hunans did need to be in it more though

May 9, 2002
SO i watched this last night, and i think i expected less after reading all the shitty reviews on here. But, it FELT like a really long Eastbound & Down episode...you can totally tell by the direction. My only problem was, I kept seeing Danny McBride saying Seth Rogan's lines, so it was hard for me to take him serious. But, about half way through, Seth held his own in that part.

BTW, the part with the "pervert" near the end was somewhat disturbing. I mean, that WAS dark even for this movie. Was not expecting that at all.

May 2, 2002
Just got done watching and was expecting less from everyone's reviews around the net

The movie was good IMO, not classic but had more than a few parts that made me crack up. Glad I didn't go see it in the theatre but would buy it used for my collection

Mar 18, 2003
Watched the movie a few nights ago and... I didn't like it. McBride's scene was easily the funniest part and the highlight of the movie. Sadly, I thought Anna Faris was funnier than Seth Rogen, which is pathetic. This movie had a shitty plot so there was nothing to back up the lack of comedy. Whoever said this movie demanded laughs from the audience, "Look, this is funny", was absolutely right.