NOW kiffin has been fired..

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 21, 2003
According to multiple sources of Gary Radnich and Tony Bruno, Kiffin was fired about 15 minutes ago, and that Paul Hackett will take over coaching duties..

More on this when it becomes official in terms of an article or press release..

Mar 16, 2005
Fired over phone with no pay

FUCK AL DAVIS! How can Roger G let Al get away with stuff like this but suspends players left and right????

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Kiffin will probably end up getting his scratch. Kiffin burned is own bridge to tell you truth in regards to his firing. He didn't approve of the signings of Walker and D. Hall? Now I see why Walker only has 2 receptions on the year. Kiffin didn't even want him. I don't blame the loss to the Chargers on Kiffin because he did open up the playbook but the old saying goes "you don't bite the hand that feeds you". He had it coming....

Mar 16, 2005
Kiffin will probably end up getting his scratch. Kiffin burned is own bridge to tell you truth in regards to his firing. He didn't approve of the signings of Walker and D. Hall? Now I see why Walker only has 2 receptions on the year. Kiffin didn't even want him. I don't blame the loss to the Chargers on Kiffin because he did open up the playbook but the old saying goes "you don't bite the hand that feeds you". He had it coming....

What will be your excuse when walker is hurt later and still not catching balls when in the game?

Mar 16, 2005
also Kiffin will need to go to court to now get money, same type of a situation wioth shanny..shanny still has never been paid from al, so what does shanny do, tell him to donate the money..what does al do...still not pay..FUCK AL DAVIS!

Dec 17, 2002
WWW.SICCNESS.NET
Sources: Raiders finally fire Kiffin, consider promoting assistants
By Chris Mortensen
ESPN.com

The inevitable became reality Tuesday when Lane Kiffin was fired by Oakland Raiders owner Al Davis without pay via the telephone, according to team sources.

Tom Cable, the team's offensive line coach, was emerging as the leading candidate to replace Kiffin, a source said. Cable was among three coaches interviewed by Davis on Monday night; the others were offensive coordinator Greg Knapp and special consultant Paul Hackett.

Davis is expected to have a press conference later Tuesday to explain his decision to dismiss Kiffin.

Unlike the St. Louis Rams, who fired coach Scott Linehan on Monday, the news was not delivered by Davis in a face-to-face meeting. Kiffin was notified by a team executive Tuesday morning that Davis would call him at 9:15 a.m. PT to relieve the coach of his duties. The call came shortly after that time.

Linehan also was allowed to speak briefly with his players on Monday. Kiffin will not be afforded the same opportunity, a source said.

The news did not blindside Kiffin, who was informed by a team executive that he would be fired after the Raiders 24-23 loss to the Buffalo Bills in week three. Even though Davis didn't act a week ago, as Kiffin was told, many team insiders expected the Oakland owner to fire the coach during this bye week.

The Raiders are 1-3, having blown leads in the fourth quarter to the Bills and the San Diego Chargers. During Kiffin's 20-game tenure, in which the team was 5-15, the Raiders took leads into the fourth quarter of 11 games.

Davis hired Kiffin, who was USC's offensive coordinator at the time, as the NFL's youngest coach at 31 years old in February 2007. Even though many observers questioned the hiring, Kiffin ultimately gained respect around the league for fielding a significantly more competitive team than the Raiders had displayed before he was hired.

Despite being competitive in the majority of games, Kiffin and Davis had a falling out on several fronts, starting when Davis believed Kiffin expressed private interest in the head coaching position at the University of Arkansas during the 2007 season.

However, it was well-documented that their relationship disintegrated when Kiffin attempted to fire defensive coordinator Rob Ryan after the 2007 season. A source said Kiffin suggested to Davis that the owner had reneged on an agreement that the coach would have control over his own staff. Shortly thereafter, Davis sent a letter of resignation for Kiffin to sign, sources said. Kiffin declined.

Kiffin also opposed some of Davis' big free-agent signings such as wide receiver Javon Walker and, to a lesser degree, cornerback DeAngelo Hall, sources said. Kiffin also expressed public frustration that the team was not more aggressive in claiming other team's released players via the waiver process to strengthen the bottom of the roster.

However, a Raiders source said that Davis privately sent a letter to Kiffin after the season's opening-game loss to the Broncos, attempting to "document" that the coach approved of the offseason acquisitions. A source close to Kiffin described that claim as "fiction."

Chris Mortensen is senior NFL analyst for ESPN.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
What will be your excuse when walker is hurt later and still not catching balls when in the game?
We'll have to cross that bridge when we come to it, maybe now we'll see the Raiders win some games on offense. Now we're going to be getting Walker involved. Walker wasn't paid all that money to get shafted.

May 1, 2007
Walker not having that many receptions has nothing to do with Kiffin. Walker was out there running routes, if he didn't get the ball its because he's never open. Have you noticed how slow walker is now?? Those injuries look like they've really took a toll on his speed. Sadly the raiders wasted millions on walker.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
I don't know cro-mag.... looks like Walker was there when his number was called. I know he never was a burner type receiver but Walker has skills. I don't think Kiffin even tried to get him involved in the offense like he should have. Kiffin was probably getting back at Al because he disapproved of the signing, so why get him the ball? Kiff didn't want him anyway. That's probably the attitude he took.

Apr 25, 2002
I don't know cro-mag.... looks like Walker was there when his number was called. I know he never was a burner type receiver but Walker has skills. I don't think Kiffin even tried to get him involved in the offense like he should have. Kiffin was probably getting back at Al because he disapproved of the signing, so why get him the ball? Kiff didn't want him anyway. That's probably the attitude he took.
I doubt it, Kiffin wanted to win games. He's not stupid enough to avoid using a player that could help the team just to spite Al.

Mar 26, 2006
is the new guy comming in as a caretaker type coach for the rest of the season or till they get a more experienced HC, or is he staying for a couple of years?

Dec 2, 2006
Reno,Nv
Ha Fuck Al Davis An Fuck Walker He Aint All That Great For THe $ How You Going To Blame him Not Gettin The Ball On The Coach? Our Season Is Now Over Well Been Over But Now We Def Aint GoingTo Be Winnin ANy Games Anytime Soon

From Here on Out AT Home Games Gettin That Paperbag An We'll See If They Like My Bring A Fire Al Davis Sign In

Feb 21, 2003
he is the water boy for the raiders
Hackett is actually a very credible person in the nfl..He spent many years as OC with the 49ers and has held other positions in the league with other teams..

I believe he worked at Notre Dame when Joe montana was playing there, but dont quote me on that..

But I think hes probably too old now, and hasnt coached in a while, so its probably not the best decision..knapp has never had a HC job, and neither has lofton..so i guess that makes ryan the winner by default, even tho hes never had an HC job..

Thank God im a niner fan lol..