not sure if posted.....cops have new leads in JMJ killing

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
Police May Have Lead In Jam Master Jay Murder Investigation

Boston Herald says unnamed witness claims Ronald Washington was accessory; Washington denies involvement.

Nearly five years after the unsolved murder of Run-DMC DJ Jam Master Jay, police may have a lead.

According to a report in the Boston Herald, an unnamed witness has told police that Ronald "Tinard" Washington, 43, was an accessory to the murder of Jay (born Jason Mizell), who was shot to death in his Queens, New York, studio on October 30, 2002 (see "Jam Master Jay, Run-DMC DJ, Killed In Shooting"). Last week, Washington was convicted of six armed robberies for holdups he committed in November 2002.

The witness said that Washington confessed to his role in Jay's murder, as well as the 1995 murder of Randy "Stretch" Walker, a close associate of late rapper Tupac Shakur, who co-wrote several tracks that appeared on his posthumous Loyal to the Game release.

However, while Washington told the paper he expects to be charged soon as an accessory in Jay and Walker's murders, he denied being involved in either slaying.

"They want to blame me for all the blood in rap," Washington said. "They are trying to pen me up for these murders. ... It's all lies. She's [the unnamed witness] telling them that I was mad at Jay because he [was] doing better than I am, that I killed Stretch because he owed me something and I wanted it. She is making up lies because they threatened to deport her," he said.

Anonymous law-enforcement sources told the Herald that Washington is expected to be named in the Walker and Jay cases when the federal government unveils a massive indictment soon, charging several rap artists in a number of violent acts as part of an ongoing federal investigation in New York into the link between hip-hop and violent crime. The unsolved 1997 drive-by murder of the Notorious B.I.G. in Los Angeles is also being investigated as part of that probe. Washington is "a key player in this rap industry case," an unnamed source told the paper.

Another witness in the Jay case, Lydia High, a receptionist at Jay's studio, is under police protection since she told investigators that Washington forced her to lie face-down on the floor as a second man shot Jay in the head. Washington has long maintained he was present at the studio on the day Jay was killed because the DJ had asked him to provide protection. "I'm not the nicest guy in the world," he said. "People around here know that."

Derrick Parker, the author of "Notorious C.O.P.: The Inside Story of the Tupac, Biggie and Jam Master Jay Investigations From NYPD's First 'Hip-Hop Cop,' " has frequently claimed that he knows the identity of Jay's killer, and that the unnamed suspect was even present at Jay's funeral. Parker was a member of the NYPD's elite Gang Intelligence Unit's secret "rap intel" squad, where he investigated some of the city's most infamous hip-hop-related shootings, and is noted for compiling the "hip-hop dossier" file that many police departments use when profiling rappers.

"This is not news to me," Parker said on Monday (April 16) regarding the Herald story. "In my book I said Washington was involved in Jay's case. I'm not surprised it's coming out now, I'm just surprised it took so long. I don't know if this unnamed third party [making the claim] is enough to charge him on, but I know that he's definitely one of the guys involved." Parker wouldn't say whether he thought Washington was the shooter, but only that he was "one of the two involved."

Thus far, Parker has not been tapped by investigators to help with the investigation. "They're not using me because I'm retired and I wrote a book," said Parker, who now runs a private investigation firm in Long Island. "But I think they'll call me if this thing ever goes to court because I have evidence that's airtight."

Many different theories proliferated in the weeks and months after Jay's death (see "New York Tabloid Fingers Prime Suspect In Jam Master Jay Killing" and "Police To Question Man In Connection To Jam Master Jay Murder"). For a 2003 feature on Jam Master Jay's murder, see "Who Killed Jam Master Jay"?

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1557252/20070416/id_0.jhtml

WayCide-Ridah

Evergreen Hustlah
Sep 13, 2005
Tha Eva Green
took this from allhiphop

Prosecutors recently named Ronald "Tinard" Washington as one of two gunmen who burst into Jam Master Jay's Hollis, Queens studio and served as a lookout while another gunman shot and killed the DJ.

As part of the investigation, prosecutors claim Washington was one of three men involved in a fatal car crash involving Live Squad member and rapper Randy "Stretch" Walker.

According to reports, Washington, who was a close associate of Jam Master Jay, allegedly fired out of a back window, causing Walker's minivan to crash.

Contrary to published reports, sources told AllHipHop.com that Walker's death was actually the result of a drug hit.

"Stretch had robbed a big drug dealer of over 10 bricks (kilos)," a confidential source told AllHipHop.com. "There was pressure on the street for him to give those drugs back. And when he didn't, a hit was issued and Tinard and three other men took it. They turned that van into swiss cheese with the Akiller (AK-47) and they had orders to make sure that at the very least, Stretch was dead."

Walker was present when Shakur was shot in the lobby of Quad Studios in Manhattan in an apparent robbery attempt.

He was killed one-year to the day of the Quad shooting, leading many conspiracy theorists to believe his death was an act of revenge.