Norweigan Black Metal

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 8, 2007
Anybody listen to this shit? It's one of few genre's I've never been able to get into. Shit like Cradle of Filth I guess being the popular band in this style. I have a friend that's real into a group called Mayhem though, that supposedly does all kinds of crazy sacrifices and shit at their shows. Weird shit.:chinese:

May 15, 2002
Mayhem has a fun history, you should look them up. Basically, a vocalist kills himself, band members take pictures of the scene, and the bass player kills the guitarist (separate events obviously..it'd be even more fun if it all happened at once). They're not anything special, but I like the album "De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas".

The only Norweigan BM band I really like is Darkthrone. Their new stuff is kind of lame, but all their older shit is pretty good.

Mar 9, 2003
Cradle of Filth is from England lol. But COF is really in their own league, they mix a lot of metal genres in their music, it's best to call them Extreme Metal. If it wasn't for the main norwegian bands Black metal wouldn't be what it is today, I respect that.. but they're a bit overrated. I'd take Taake over them anyday. Anyways, France > Norway.

Mar 19, 2007
Some of tha old CoF shit was ok, I aint feelin the new shit really... not really that big on black metal.

Dimmu Borgir (preferably older) and Celtic Frost are ok tho...

Mar 9, 2003
Brenoritvrezorkre (Band from the LLN, my avatar) (filthy, disgusting black metal)
Belkètre (another LLN band) (raw black metal)
Mütiilation (former LLN band, 'Hail Satanas We Are The Black Legions' is a classic)
Malcuidant (great tortured vocals)
Ordo Templi Aeternae Lucis (Raw, their split with Hayras if probably one of the best bm splits ever)
Eikenskaden (The Black Lament's Symphonie, get it.)
Depressive Winter (Have their own sound, depressing with great vocals)
Dyster (Fallen, Suicided, and Forgotten)

I'm on soulseek if you want to check out these bands.
Rihanna's Hairy Situation
I'm on userlist only and only sharing some of my files at the moment, so send me a message and I'll add you.

May 15, 2002
Let's not forget about Germany, too! Maybe not in the black metal department, but they have some pretty fucking good bands...

Kreator
Falkenbach
Ahab
Equilibrium
Empyrium
Nocte Obducta