Norv Turner new Charger head coach?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 31, 2003
SAN DIEGO
SOUTHEASTSANDIEGO.COM
[/B]
AllCity Cinemas said:
chargers are gonna be bad cause they got all new staff but the raiders gettin new staff= there gonna be a great team, not biased.right.
Some of you guys kill me, before i do make these comments i do want to say that Turner was not my choice but i am content. lets address the "all new" staff situation.

Ted Cotrell-Defensive Coordinator.... coached the under Wade Phillips in buffalo, ran 3-4 scheme. same one chargers ran under wade phillips.no real change there.

Ron Rivera-Linebacker coach.....im my eyes not a step back at all

Norv Turner- maybe not an upgrade from Schottenhiemer, i'll be the first to admit. however was the offensive coordinator here before, has coached L.T and we have basically been running a form of his offense. he will be calling the plays.

I THINK IF YOU COMBINE THIS WITH THE FACT THAT OUR CORE PLAYERS ARE SIGNED THROUGH 2009, I DONT THINK WE'LL BE TAKING A BACKWARD STEP. PROBABLY WONT GO 14-2 BUT AS LONG AS WE GET INTO THE PLAYOFFS AND GO FROM THERE, IM COOL

Aug 9, 2006
i have a buddy that is a "chargers fan" (hes a reallllll bad bandwagoner...he liked the niners when we were young *in the young/rice days*...and the vikings in the cullpeper/moss days) that being said he is now a chargers fan and now i am not a "hater" of the chargers for that very reason.....even though LT is the best player in the NFL i cant stand em just cuz of what my buddy did this season as they had there 14-2 record....

Jun 1, 2002
AllCity Cinemas said:
chargers are gonna be bad cause they got all new staff but the raiders gettin new staff= there gonna be a great team, not biased.right.

GO BACK AND READ BY POST BRUH.. I NEVER SAID THE RAIDERS WOULD BE A GREAT TEAM. I SAID THAT OUR CHANCES JUST GOT BETTER IN THE AFC WEST BECAUSE NORV TURNER IS THE HEAD COACH IN SAN DIEGO.

MEANWHILE THE NINERS LOSING HIM IS GONNA SET YALL BACK DRASTICALLY.

Apr 5, 2003
Quit looking into stats and past records so damn much. Yall are like them ESPN clowns. God can be your coach but if you have sad ass players your team isnt gonna get anywhere. Don't get me wrong, having a great coach is helpful but it aint everything. Wait til the season kicks off then talk about how your team is gonna do. Theres still the draft and alot of offseason moves to be made so you never know.

Apr 19, 2005
King Spadez said:
Quit looking into stats and past records so damn much. Yall are like them ESPN clowns. God can be your coach but if you have sad ass players your team isnt gonna get anywhere. Don't get me wrong, having a great coach is helpful but it aint everything. Wait til the season kicks off then talk about how your team is gonna do. Theres still the draft and alot of offseason moves to be made so you never know.
Exactly what I was thinking

reza

Sicc OG
Jun 9, 2005
DFresh77 said:
sucks for the 49ers...I don't understand why the chargers fired their coach tho...dude is pretty good..

Well they fired him because he couldn't win in the playoffs. So naturally...they replaced him with someone who can't win in the regular season. :hurt:

Apr 25, 2002
I think you fools are putting a little too much on this..

The Chargers have a gang of talent, and bringing in Norv Turner is not going to change that. They will be a good team regardless of who is running the show.

And yes it will hurt the Niners, but not as much as you might think. Sullivan (who many consider the leading candidate to take over the OC job) knows Norv's system and it has already been said they will continue using it. So the offense will not be learning a new system because that is what would have screwed them up. I believe they will continue to progress.

ArYo

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2002
FATAL NYGHTMARE said:
I think you fools are putting a little too much on this..

The Chargers have a gang of talent, and bringing in Norv Turner is not going to change that. They will be a good team regardless of who is running the show.

And yes it will hurt the Niners, but not as much as you might think. Sullivan (who many consider the leading candidate to take over the OC job) knows Norv's system and it has already been said they will continue using it. So the offense will not be learning a new system because that is what would have screwed them up. I believe they will continue to progress.
If that's really the case then I feel a lil better bout the situation.

Apr 19, 2005
i dont think some of you guys that are really up on the chargers understand THE GM AND OWNER DIDNT JUST FIRE MARTY THERE WAS ALOT OF THINGS THAT LED UP TO THIS. IT WASNT JUST AN OVERNIGHT THING SO STOP WITH ALL THAT THEY SHOULDNT HAVE FIRED MARTY STUFF