No one uses TRUE westcoast beats anymore?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 17, 2003
Im talking bout the beats with that instrument...I dont know what it is or how I can describe it....but here are some songs that have it. Post up if yall know what Im talking about. These the typa beats where if you hear it, you know its a WC beat.

1. Real muthafuckin gz - eazy e
2. aint nuthin but a g thang - dre n snoop
3. RBL posse - blue bird
4. RAW - DAZ
5. Rest in piss - lynch
6. who ride - c-bo ft. ? (i forget)
7. Liquor sicc - lynch
8. bout it bout it - master p <--- good example of the beat im talking about

^Some of those tracks prolly not even the right names or whatever, but I think you know what im talking about.

May 5, 2002
I don't see why people always bring up shit like sayin theirs no mainstreem apeal, when the shit thats put out now ain't got no mainstreem apeal either. It aint like people on the westcoast are gettin big sales outside of cali. I dont' see the shit out now blowin up so why continue with a failing format? All I hear from people outside of cali is "westcoast used to be tight" Shit I say that myself. Just some thoughts......

Apr 25, 2002
Snubnoze said:
I don't see why people always bring up shit like sayin theirs no mainstreem apeal, when the shit thats put out now ain't got no mainstreem apeal either. It aint like people on the westcoast are gettin big sales outside of cali. I dont' see the shit out now blowin up so why continue with a failing format? All I hear from people outside of cali is "westcoast used to be tight" Shit I say that myself. Just some thoughts......
Honestly man, a lot of cats stick to that shit because that's all they're good for.

You have a lot of cats making beats that arn't actual musicians and that severely cripples their ability to come with anything original or even different.

You have rappers that are trying to use rap as a means to dodge getting an education, working a 9-5, and whatever else but who don't have any real respect for music or the music game. And these are the same mutha fuckas who whine about not being supported, can you believe that shit? The bad news is that the cats who DO deserve a little support, don't get it either thanks to them.

I can't wait til the day the west coast is back on top but it ain't going to happen with (most of) the current roster. Cats don't seem to understand that if you are fuckin' with a losing formula, you're going to stay losing until you come with something else. The shit ain't rocket science.