No New Stadium For 49ers...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 19, 2005
The San Francisco fans might be a little disappointed to hear that if the plans for a new San Francisco stadium fall through, the team might be moving to another city. The team wants a new stadium and is willing to do just about anything to get one for their satisfaction. The who mastermind behind this plan is said to be Larry MacNeil, who is not only the Vice President of the team, but also the Chief Financial Officer.

Meetings are already occurring to discuss a move to Santa Clara, California. There is a space that may be used in the parking lot of the Great American theme park for a new stadium. Right now, the city of Santa Clara is thinking over the stadium concept and trying to crunch the numbers and such.

The San Francisco 49er’s are still making it clear that they would prefer to stay in their home town and love the area of Candlestick Park. The community wants them to stay as well, after voting to approve a bond for the new stadium to be built. However, it seems that the city is not ready to follow through at this time.

The stadium now located there is almost 50 years old and is badly in need of repairs and replacement. A new stadium would cost up to $800 million to build, however the money would come strictly from private investors.

The fans will likely find out within the next few months if their team will be staying in San Fran, or moving to Santa Clara.

Dec 9, 2005
LOL

Santa Clara is in The South bay...its pretty much San Jo if you ask me, and right where Great America is ?! Its about 50 Miles away from The City. Which is about 50 Miles too far to see a San Francisco team play.

Dec 9, 2005
Oh boy, and traffic on the 101 has got to be the worst in The Bay, just think what it would be like before and after games...

:dead:

May 3, 2002
MOREBASS said:
Oh boy, and traffic on the 101 has got to be the worst in The Bay, just think what it would be like before and after games...

:dead:
it will be the same shit, cuz everyone takes 101 up to the stadium already, leaving the stadium just take 280 to 85 or whatever. so it will be pretty much be the same shit but backwards. Personally I wish the niners would stay in Frisco cuz thats where they belong. I got season tickets and driving 20 mins to Santa Clara would be a lot faster for me then driving almost about 45 mins to an hour, but fuck that....niners gotta stay in Frisco!