No mOrE BiG HoLLis, He Whack!!!!!! And a ? for C-BO

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 31, 2003
damn, im gittin sicc of these cheesy ass beats from hollis. the reason why c-bo and coleone and hella other rappers cdz aint sellin like it did when they first came out is cuz tha beats. he uses that chu chu train sound in almost every song. that shit is so annoying. ill give it to him, he made a couple tite traccs and thats about it. Coleone got a couple of his albums done by hollis and i cant stand to listen to them. The rhymes is sicc, but the music is garbage. i gots a question for c-bo, Who made that "balhead nut" beat? get back wit dat producer and i guarente your albums will sell like it did back in the dayz. one luv

Sicc OG
May 14, 2002
www.vvsent.com
MIKE MOSELY....

BUT NOW...HE DONT NEED THAT NIGGA TO SELL RECORDS....HE STILL SELL BASICALLY THA SAME AMOUNT OF RECORDS EVERYTIME HE DROP,CONTRARY TO WHAT U THINK....THIS NEW ALBUM I GARUNTEE U GONNA BE DIGGIN.....PRODUCTION BY BLAQTHOVEN,JELLYROLL,MARK SPARKS,BOSKO,RHYTHM D. AND MO-BETTA

May 10, 2002
FIRST WHAT IS DUDE TALKEN BO DONT SELL, HES PROBABLY SELLING MORE NOW THEN HE EVER HAS,

AND LAST HAS HOLLIS EVER DID ANY BEATS FOR C-BO??? I GOT EVERY C-BO ALBUM EXCEPT AUTOPSY AND THAT FAKE ALBUM DESERT EAGLE, I EVEN HAVE BEST OF C-BO, APPEARANCES, AND BLOCC MOVEMENT, THIS WOULD COME AS REAL SHOCKER IF HOLLIS HAS DONE BEATS FOR HIM.

AOD

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
I agree. . .

I think Hollis's beats are garbage. . .

But what did he produce for Bo? I can't think a shit but none the less i'm glad WCM workin with Rhythm D. He been one of my favorite producers since the Real Muthaphukin G days. . .

Jan 13, 2003
I THINK LUNI COLEONE COULD OF SOLD MORE RECORDS WITHOUT USING TO MUCH OF BIG HOLLIS BEATS OVER IS LAST TWO ALBUMS. LYRICALY HE COMES TIGHT BUT BEATS PLAY A LOT TO DO WITH YOUR SELLS. IN MY OPINION I LIKE LUNASICC A LOT BETTER THAN COLEONE. PEACE OUT!!

Jan 24, 2003
yall niggas is crazy hollis got heat, his beats get the club jumpin, and you think luni can sell more cds without hollis, thats even more crazy, like luni and hollis said on luni.com "like dr dre and snoop d-o double when you see the two of us then you know its trouble." i do agree hollis does use the chime to much, but its his signiture lettin niggas know this is my beat, just like dre you can tell if a beat is dres or not, even the neptunes cause all of the clispes beats sound alike except for grinden, and all the old awol beats were all the same bass line, but it was tight ass hell, so what im sayin is the best producers use the same shit over and over ass long as the shit sells. if lunasicc ever comes back he cant use hollis, cause the beats dont fit that style. oh the bitches love luni and hollis shit, so pretty sure they dont care if a few dicks have diffrent opinions, and i bet if luni drop next week yall gonna get it cause aint nuthin else coming, he the only nigga that stays consistant with cds.

Jun 21, 2002
big hollis's beats is trash on the real, man whoever did Unforgiven needs to hook up raided and luni. cause dudes beats are torture to listen to & boring as fuck

Jan 22, 2003
Blows My Mind...

151, whats up with it hustler, man it blows my mind how little the fans out there buying this music really knows about this music, I truly think that might be a reason why record sales on a whole are down for Bay Area Rap Music. They don't study the album and soak in the knowlege.
Playa510, Big Hollis did produce on a C-Bo album, he produced "Paper Made" on the "Enemy Of State" album which was a great album, don't let the credits fool you sometimes people take credit for other peoples work.
BDNLLL, Come on now you know you wouldn't want to hear C-Bo rapping over the same type of beats that were on X-Raided "Unforgiven", that isn't C-Bo's style and it would not fit at all. The best production on a X-Raided album was the production that K.G. provided on Neferious "Speak Of The Devil", but still that production would not fit C-Bo. C-Bo needs that WestCoast Mobb Sound to sound good.
Big Hollis is not a GREAT producer he is a good producer, but he has been brilliant at times and he proves this on the Bad Azz "Personal Business" album with the track "We From The LBC", now that track is amazing, any producer will admit that.
Now to you fans, next time you pick up an album, "any album", study it, really listen to the songs, look at the credits, feel the producer, listen to the signature sound (every producer has their own sound) and really take in how much time and energy every person involved in that project took to get the project to where it is, In your hands and in your stereo. You the fan, you have to change the state of music, "YOU"!!!

Jun 21, 2002
oh nah joe im sayin the cat that produced unforgiven hook up X raided not bo, I feel you though, but what im sayin is hollis's style dont fit cats like raided and luni, those songs are a pain to listen to on his beats,

May 10, 2002
^^^ EXACTLY, MOST ALL THE WCM BEATS HAVE BEEN TIGHT, SOME PEOPLE JUST WANT THE HARDCORE C-BO AGAIN, YALL NEED TO GET OVER IT CUZ C-BO IS COMING JUST AS RAW AS HE WAS BEFORE!!!

Sicc OG
May 10, 2002
i think coleone and hollis go good together thats jus my opinion tho...and if none of them rappers didnt like hollis they never woulda used him...so obviously they are likin hollis productions otherwise they never woulda used him dont ya think??

Apr 25, 2002
50916 said:
and if none of them rappers didnt like hollis they never woulda used him...so obviously they are likin hollis productions otherwise they never woulda used him dont ya think??
I think it's more likely that he was sellin' beats for dirt cheap. Rappers arn't exactly known for breaking bread on beats. It's part of the reason why so many of them are putting out second rate shit.

Then again, WCM could be a Big Hollis fan club... Who knows man.. If you don't like the shit, don't buy it. If you do then do. Simple as that.

Nov 24, 2002
151 said:
MIKE MOSELY....

BUT NOW...HE DONT NEED THAT NIGGA TO SELL RECORDS....HE STILL SELL BASICALLY THA SAME AMOUNT OF RECORDS EVERYTIME HE DROP,CONTRARY TO WHAT U THINK....THIS NEW ALBUM I GARUNTEE U GONNA BE DIGGIN.....PRODUCTION BY BLAQTHOVEN,JELLYROLL,MARK SPARKS,BOSKO,RHYTHM D. AND MO-BETTA
What happened to MIke Mosely? is he on a new label or did he just stop producing? If he still produces, what was the last cd he was on? That nigga's beats were hard. It went perfect wit c-bos lyrics and styles. The producers that prodcuce for c-bo nowadays aint shit. Bo needs to get back wit Mosely and drop anotha classic like "baldhead nut". His record sales will shoot up twice as high as it already is now.

Aug 12, 2002
Sick Wid It said:
I think it's more likely that he was sellin' beats for dirt cheap. Rappers arn't exactly known for breaking bread on beats. It's part of the reason why so many of them are putting out second rate shit.

Then again, WCM could be a Big Hollis fan club... Who knows man.. If you don't like the shit, don't buy it. If you do then do. Simple as that.
That is likely what happens. Hollis is starting to build a name for himself outside of northern california. So a rapper wanting to break out of the region might want to work with him just on that principle. I'm sure he has a relativly cheap price for an album production deal.

-=bumpus=-