No Limit Records

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 19, 2003
NICKpro RM said:
Yeah I agree with your MP the Last Don comment - I was hugely disappointed with that when it dropped.

How about Fiend - There's One in Every Famiy - another classic
Sure. That Fiend CD came out a couple of weeks before Soulja Slim's GIVE IT 2 EM RAW, so it would fit into my personal "period when No Limit was dope", which, like I said in my post, would have been '94 up to May '98. Fiend was a really tight lyricist who never really got the "push up to the front" that P gave Silkk and C-Murder (and neither did Mac, Mr. Serv-On, Soulja Slim, Big Ed, Kane & Abel, Steady Mobbin' or Sons of Funk).

As for the others, like Skull Duggrey, Prime Suspects, The Gambino Family, The Ghetto Commission and Full Blooded--I don't know; I liked their "guest appearances" on other NL CDs better than the stuff they did on their own CDs. For example, I thought Full Blooded was tight on C-Murder's LIFE OR DEATH, and Prime Suspects had a dope song on the I'M BOUT IT soundtrack, but it seemed liked on their own CDs, I would listen and my feeling was, "there's SOME talent there, but for some reason this CD isn't quite making it for me." Maybe they would have been better if they'd been flowing over their own production or had more say over their songs, concepts, etc. As for Mercedez--look at the cover. That's all you need to know about that CD, IMHO.

PEACE!

May 2, 2002
i remember in 92 when i bought MP-Get away Clean. I was one pissed off MF! That shit was horrible. MP is lucky i even took a chance on 'The Ghettos Tryin to Kill Me,' but i saw a few good guest appearances and really liked it. My fav No Limit album is Silkk-The Shocker followed by 99 Ways and that Steady Mobbin. OH yeah, can't forget about WCBB #1

May 15, 2002
Yall on some hatin ass shyt. Yall bought the albums back then and thought they was tight, but now gone say the albums was weak because No Limit aint hot like they used to be. I can understand being tired of listenin to it, but to say its weak, after it was once tight is bullshyt.

Aug 7, 2002
lol i know i still bumpem i dont like da new ish, master p got way to much money and made to much history..he doesn't do gangsta rap anymore i'ts more like that club shyt but wit sum hard lyrics still but i aint intrested anymore

Jar

Sicc OG
May 22, 2002
can someone post a list of every song there is a video for from No Limit Records artists over the years?

Jar

Sicc OG
May 22, 2002
I remember there is a video for ain't no limit from Mystikal-Unpredictable because there were big ants chasing them fools lol

Jar

Sicc OG
May 22, 2002
oh yeah...I remembered another one...there is a video for Major Players from Mean Green Presents Major Players Compilation