No Limit and Black Market Records in 1993

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

BO$$

Sicc OG
Mar 15, 2011
as i recall, i remember an interview from way back and P was talking about working with lynch in the 24 deep days thats how he ended up west coast bad boyz 2 and the im bout it soundtrack and serv on's life insurance ...if i remember around that time P was trying to get lynch on no limit thats why he was on so many albums around that time period of NL...but that shit fell through because of the black market contract ..i think i recall even P saying he would buy out lynch's contract but ced wasnt having that so it all ended...that to me was lynch's prime era too

or maybe they related kevin miller-percy miller lol
How did he work with Lynch in the 24 deep days? He wasn't on any NL releases til years after 24 deep.

I wondered if it was actually Milk who put out the cd version.I thought maybe it was King George cause M&M is like Me & Mine. I wasn't in underground rap scene back in 1993, or 97 for that matter so it's always been somethin i wanted to know.

That album was when P ended his contract for NL & In-a-Minute and just before the SMG signing so i guess he struggled to get a deal and went a step back with a tape release... I never knew it was Milk Man. First rapper to forge a release date as 1993 stayed on the cd! I just thought the cd was done a few months after on a dummy label cause of cashflow/legal issues or some shit but Milk Man took the release? LOL. He didn't give a fuck. Even before P beef he went hard on Hollywood.

anyways back to the BLH/No Limit/Nigga Deep article, they make it all sound really tight knit between P & Lynch. Really? rapmusicguide guide, liner notes anyone?
I thought it was KG who owned the rights somehow and I'm pretty sure M&M is Me & Mine.
Yeah,that makes so much sense.Loki used nigga so much,and his enormous contract with Siccmade at the time made it easy to pass up a contract with the most popular rap lable on Earth at the time.
LOL I remember he said he wanted to stay true to Lynch and them.

MysticOracle

si vis pacem para bellum
May 4, 2006
707- VALLEJO
How did he work with Lynch in the 24 deep days? He wasn't on any NL releases til years after 24 deep.
like i said, i think i remember hearing about p and lynch doing something together in the 24 deep days thats how lynch and p hooked up later

actually and im not even sure if its 100% accurate but it even says the same on lynch's itunes bio

"A versatile producer as well as an excellent solo rapper in his own right, Brotha Lynch Hung was born Kevin Mann in Sacramento, California. He hooked up with Master P for a 1993 EP named 24 Deep, but then went out on his own for his debut solo album, 1995's Season of da Siccness. "

BO$$

Sicc OG
Mar 15, 2011
"A versatile producer as well as an excellent solo rapper in his own right, Brotha Lynch Hung was born Kevin Mann in Sacramento, California. He hooked up with Master P for a 1993 EP named 24 Deep, but then went out on his own for his debut solo album, 1995's Season of da Siccness. "
That's basically what it said on the link I mentioned.

MysticOracle

si vis pacem para bellum
May 4, 2006
707- VALLEJO
That information is wrong. It was written by someone at allmusic guide named John Bush and it is incorrect. Other sites just copied that info from allmusic guide.

Brotha Lynch Hung | Biography | AllMusic
i know, but honestly i do remember reading about it in a source mag or XXL or word up lol ...it was an interview some magazine was doing with master p and he said something along the lines of he met lynch around the 24 deep period since p was out in richmond .. i only kept a few magazines from back then and that was not one of them however i remember it was around 97-98 when i read it because no limit was huge..i think thats also where i read about p wanting lynch on no limit but his contract with black market basically left lynch fucked up shit creek without the paddle..ced wouldnt release him or let P buy it out

MysticOracle

si vis pacem para bellum
May 4, 2006
707- VALLEJO
Yeah I believe what you are saying, its just people keep going back to that paragraph off the black market website. I don't doubt that he knew p but I don't think p was working on 24 deep at all.
no i dont think so either..i think him and P met around that time ..i cant imagine P working on 24 deep at all...the sound was way different than what even P was doing then...and P aint doing beats so...i think they linked up at some point but P wanted lynch on no limit and i cant even imagine how different lynchs sound/career would have been if it had worked out that way ..P would have pressed lynch for albums in lynchs prime...would have been a beautiful thing ..i think P would have even brought on phonk beta

MysticOracle

si vis pacem para bellum
May 4, 2006
707- VALLEJO
I think about that too. If Lynch dropped No Limit albums in like 96 and 98 they would have been awesome. The covers would have been crazy too.
well loaded was 97 along with the rest of his no limit appearances ..P had that plastic case in 98 with ghetto dope ...no limit was crazy back then..innovative ...and dropping a new album every week