Niners deal Rattay to Bucs

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
^Exactly. What's up with Mike trading these players? Rattay was playing pretty bad at times but he wasn't playing any worse than Alex Smith.

May 2, 2002
In a way I understand, the Niners weren't going to do anything anyway...but this just looks like you're giving up.

If I was a fan, I would be pissed. Then again, you're in the Bush sweepstakes.

May 9, 2002
Tony said:
^Exactly. What's up with Mike trading these players? Rattay was playing pretty bad at times but he wasn't playing any worse than Alex Smith.
YOU JUST ANSWERED YOUR OWN QUESTION...WHY NOT????THE GOT THE #1 DRAFT...WHY NOT PLAY EM??I MEAN FUCK...THEY STINK!!!PLUS THEY GOT 3 OTHER QBS ON THE ROSTER WHO ARE LESS THEN 3 YEARS REMOVED FROM COLLEGE...SO THEY ARE BUILDING EXPERIENCE FROM THE TRENCHES...GOOD MOVE ON THE 9ERS PART IF YOU ASK ME...AND MAKES PERFECT SENSE...

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Yeah I'd be pissed too because the season isn't half way over yet and the Niners can still make the playoffs or could have at least with Rattay. Mike is basically telling his team to give up on the season. How do you trade your opening day starting quarterback?

Nov 1, 2004
Yea, this is a big surprise because now there is no QB with experience on the NIners at all. The NIners better get something decent for rattay just cause they will need it. Now the Niners will need a great QB coach.

Jul 10, 2004
HOW DID WE TRADE THAT FRANCHISE QB RATTAY.

HE WAS PLAYING HELLA GREAT THIS YEAR. HE LED US TO A 1-3 RECORD

HAHA RATTAY FUCKIN SUCKS AND CHOKES IN THE 4TH QUARTER (DALLAS)

WHY DO PEOPLE THINK HES THAT GOOD? THE NINERS OBVIOUSLY DONT? AND NEITHER DO THE BUCS SINCE HES GOING TO BE A BACKUP OVER THERE TOO. TO WHO?????

Rich

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
Ratty is alright, he was the only QB on the roster with experience. But it don't matter. Coach Nolan is basically trying to do whatever it takes cuz it is a rebuilding year. Alex Smith is a really young dude and everyone shouldn't expect the 9ers to be in the playoffs this year. We all knew that last season. Plus didn't the Vikes give up Randy Moss for a linebacker and a 4th round pick? And yes the 9ers look to be in the Bush Sweepstakes.

May 15, 2002
I don't think they gave up - They never had a season. Rattay sucked anyways, might as well let Smith get lumped up.

...AND THE NINERS SELECT......REGGIE BUSH

i think Bush and Smith were on the same HS football team too in SD, Helix i believe.

Jan 4, 2003
AC Transit said:
I don't think they gave up - They never had a season. Rattay sucked anyways, might as well let Smith get lumped up.

...AND THE NINERS SELECT......REGGIE BUSH

i think Bush and Smith were on the same HS football team too in SD, Helix i believe.
nah we gonna go 1-15 to get Reggie :mad:

Nov 18, 2002
Yeah, hopefully Rattay will carve out a nice place on the bench if Chris Simms can light it up with Clayton and Galloway...it shouldn't be a problem if Cadillac stays healthy. I'm glad Simms gets a chance to prove himself, I'm not happy Griese's injured even though he sucks, but Simms does have an arm.

May 2, 2002
BROWN GUERRERO said:
GAVE UP WHAT? THIS IS A REBUILDING YEAR. KEYWORD=REBUILDING. THEY AREN'T PLAYING TO WIN THE SUPERBOWL. THEY ARE BUILDING TALENT FOR THE YEARS TO COME.
Tell that to the vets on the team. The life of an NFL player is short, so to know that you're going to have a scrub leading your team isn't exactly motivational.

Yeah...Rattay is a scrub too, but at least he had some game experience.

Read my other post. I understand the logic.