Niner News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 24, 2003
I was at the Hawk - Niner game earlier this year and I can tell you for sure that after halftime the stadium was never at more than 60% capacity and it was about 30% by the 4th quarter.

But honestly I think that is a weak argument because it's not like all Hawks fans are great themselves....but the reality is that has no impact on the team and there is nothing that I can do to control them.

Also it took me about 1.5 hours to get from San Fran to the stadium haha. For comparison I walk to most Hawks games :)

May 9, 2002
But honestly I think that is a weak argument because it's not like all Hawks fans are great themselves....but the reality is that has no impact on the team and there is nothing that I can do to control them.
No fanbase is 100%, so of course thats a valid statement to make. However, I have never been to a Hawks game in the last 10 years that hasnt been at capacity, and for nearly the entire game (barring a blowout). My bro went to a game with me last year, his first Hawk game ever, and he was FLOORED by the fan support. I mean, he was just gushing with the amount of jerseys, the noise, and how packed it was. He lives in NY and has gone to Giants games and he says it suuuuucks compared to CL.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
No fanbase is 100%, so of course thats a valid statement to make. However, I have never been to a Hawks game in the last 10 years that hasnt been at capacity, and for nearly the entire game (barring a blowout). My bro went to a game with me last year, his first Hawk game ever, and he was FLOORED by the fan support. I mean, he was just gushing with the amount of jerseys, the noise, and how packed it was. He lives in NY and has gone to Giants games and he says it suuuuucks compared to CL.
Ah a bandwagoner floored by other bandwagoners

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
Vernon Davis 'confused' by lack of playing time, long-term fantasy upside remains
SB Nation Fantasy Sports By Dan Ciarrocchi 22 hours ago
A Good Credit Score Matters
Chase Slate Sponsor

The Broncos' new tight end hasn't yet been as involved as he thought he would be. We break down the fantasy implications.

Denver Broncos tight end Vernon Davis expected to be more involved with the team's game plan than he was on Sunday, according to Mike Klis of 9News.

Davis has only been in a Broncos uniform for two weeks, but expected to play in more than the 35 snaps that he took part in. It's a significant uptick in playing time compared to the nine snaps he took part in during Week 9, but Week 10's debacle against the Kansas City Chiefs saw him in more of a timeshare with Owen Daniels.

Fantasy impact: Davis' midseason acquisition indicates that the Broncos envision him being a vital cog of the offense going forward, but the bigger concern in Denver is what is happening under center. Peyton Manning is dealing with a plantar fascia tear, and completed only five passes while tossing four interceptions in Sunday's defeat. Brock Osweiler at the helm will provide better stability than an unhealthy Manning would, but there might be too many mouths to feed on Denver's offense for Davis to put up consistent fantasy numbers.

Davis has TE1 upside amid an offense that is still ripe with weapons, but fantasy owners would be wise to wait until they see an increase in his production before penning him into lineups.

Lol and now peytons hurt. Shoulda kept that mouth shut vernon

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005

ALL BOUT CHICKEN

Allez Les Bleus 🌟🌟
Feb 27, 2006
Paris, France
www.fubuoverstock.com
The San Francisco 49ers announced they have placed QB Colin Kaepernick on the Injured Reserve List, and promoted QB Dylan Thompson to the active roster from the team’s practice squad.

Thompson (6-3, 218) originally signed with the 49ers as an undrafted free agent out of the University of South Carolina on May 5, 2015. He was released by the team on September 5, and then signed to the team’s practice squad the following day.

A 24-year-old native of Boiling Springs, SC, Thompson set the South Carolina Gamecock record and led the SEC with 3,564 passing yards last season.

Thompson will wear number 13.

Kaepernick (6-4, 230) appeared in nine games (eight starts) this season and threw for 1,615 yards and six touchdowns while adding 45 rushes for 256 yards and one touchdown on the ground.

49ers Place Colin Kaepernick on Injured Reserve; Promote Dylan Thompson to Active Roster