Niner News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Arson

Long live the KING!!!!
May 7, 2002
It was easy to see the niners shut it down, when the Seahawks started murdering the rams, good to see they decided on the 5th seed though, so a chance at another game in the stick. Kaep was a fucking assassin in that game.

Last edited:

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
why is it even an issue? it has nothing to do with him as a player, but where does shit like that come from? or was it started by a sullen bears fan? 2-0-Sixx @2-0-Sixx

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
wasnt someone also saying Gore wasnt gonna do shit against the Packers?

In Gore's last three meetings with Capers' defense, he's piled up 275 yards and three touchdowns on 60 carries (4.58 YPC). The Packers finished the season ranked 25th against the run and allowed 4.63 yards per attempt, the fourth leakiest average in the league.

and rotoworld picked Packers to win 33-30. I dont know, if the Niners lose to the Packers, even in the cold weather, they dont deserve to be in the playoffs. Im not saying it'll be an easy win, but I dont trust too many things about the Packers, outside of a fully healthy rogers, Randall Cobb going against an injured Carlos Rogers, and maybe Eddie Lacy if the Packers o-line holds out

Last edited:

PoLLo LoC831

NINER EMPIRE
Mar 20, 2005
NBC Bay Area

49ers attempt to block out thoughts of frigid Green Bay

Colin Kaepernick dealt with cold weather from time to time in his college career at Nevada.

And what’s his approach toward dealing with adverse weather?

“You just have to block it out,” Kaepernick said.

Kaepernick said he does not plan to wear a glove on his throwing hand on Sunday when the 49ers face the Green Bay Packers at frigid Lambeau Field in the first round of the NFC playoffs.

But Kaepernick did wear a glove in his coldest previous game – his signature college victory, a 2010 upset of No. 3 Boise State in temperatures that dipped into the 20s in Reno.

Those conditions will be balmy in comparison to what the 49ers figure to face on Sunday.

The National Weather Service forecast calls for mostly sunny with a high near 5 degrees for Sunday with a lows of minus-19 on Sunday night. The game kicks off at 3:40 p.m., local time.

Weather.com predicts a high – that’s right, a high -- of zero degrees with a low of minus-18 for Sunday in Green Bay.

When asked how he prepares for such weather, Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers said, “Eat a lot of chicken-noodle soup and dress warm.”

That sounded pretty good to 49ers linebacker Patrick Willis.

"Chicken noodle soup is pretty good,” Willis said. “I can't argue with that.”

Coach Jim Harbaugh appears to be taking the Kaepernick approach of blocking out any thoughts about the weather. He became agitated Wednesday with any question concerning the weather during his press conference. When it was suggested the perception is that a West Coast team could be at a disadvantage in harsh weather conditions, he asked for evidence of a specific "study."

The 49ers are practicing this week in 60-degree weather, while Packers coach Mike McCarthy said he plans to take his team outside in Green Bay to practice on Thursday and Friday.

Said Willis, “Get me a 'W' and that'll take care of all the warmth I need."

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
why is it even an issue? it has nothing to do with him as a player, but where does shit like that come from? or was it started by a sullen bears fan? 2-0-Sixx @2-0-Sixx
I dunno but his girlfriend is fuckin hot. I guess he had a dude roommate for 5 years his personal assistant or sumthin Aaron Rodgers Girlfriend Destiny Newton - 2013 Engagement Rumors for Green Bay Packers QB - National Ledger