Niner News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

DUTCH-F.E

Super Moderator
Apr 25, 2002
WWW.myspace.com
Maylock hit the nail on the head with Lattimore.. We PUP list him this year. Rehab and Develope him. We dont have to guarantee him money. With Gore getting up in age, if Lattimore pans out we have our hammer to go with Hunter and James... I LOVE the WR we got from Lousianna Tech. ALL THEY DO IS PASS. This kid catches passes in his sleep! For as good as we are with our first 2-3 WR's we lack depth. The TE we got is a CLONE of Delanie Walker except for the fact that OUR new guy is BIGGER and faster.

Our defensive selections have all fit the mold of what we are trying to be. Like Harbaugh said on NFL Network, big fast, physical and athletic! We are owning this draft!

MysticOracle

si vis pacem para bellum
May 4, 2006
707- VALLEJO
The 49ers select USF quarterback B.J. Daniels with the 237th overall selection in the seventh round of the NFL Draft.

The 6-foot-1, 217-pound senior posted 59 touchdowns in four seasons with the Bulls. He also rushed for 2,068 rushing yards and 25 touchdowns in four seasons.

Daniels, 23, is first all-time in USF history with 25 rushing scores. He's second all-time in rushing attempts (526), fourth all-time in rushing yards (2,068) and third all-time in passing attempts (1,132), completions (649) and passing yards (8,433).

Daniels led the Bulls to a win over Notre Dame in the season opener in 2011 when the Irish were ranked No. 16 in the nation.

The USF quarterback started the first nine games of 2012 before suffering a broken leg. Daniels completed 165 of 290 pass attempts (56.9 completion percentage) for 2,075 yards, 14 touchdowns and 10 interceptions in his final collegiate season.

i dont think he'll be wearing 7 anymore lol

MysticOracle

si vis pacem para bellum
May 4, 2006
707- VALLEJO
The 49ers have added a second Seminole to their 2013 draft class.

With the No. 180 overall pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, San Francisco selected Nick Moody, a linebacker out of Florida State.

Moody (6-foot-1, 236 pounds) played three years a linebacker to begin his collegiate career. In 2012, Moody moved to linebacker and recorded 20 tackles and one sack in 14 games.

In his Florida State career, Moody totaled 155 tackles in 49 games.

Jun 23, 2002
Lattimore is a fantastic pickup are u kidding me? he was the best RB in college football, how quickly u guys forget. i believe u guys know a certain rb named frank gore, who also went thru some injuries and is still beasting it til this day. lattimore will follow the same way and be our rb of the future. if he stays healthy. if not, we do the 3 rb by committee all good, no problem

i really cant wait to see how the rest of the picks stack up. of course they all look good on highlight vids but honestly we dont know shit until training camp. lemonier looks beasty though to me. reid is goldson 2.0, hard hitter, good tackler but might get burned deep here there. good pick though.

both the d linemen we drafted look bossy too, carradine gonna be a handful watch. 9ers need players on D to step up, need depth, we cant run the same players out there over n over again. u saw that will drop of in play and injuries (aldon, j smith). hopefully we helped with this draft.

either way juiced and happy with who we got.

btw, i think we got 10 picks for next years draft? plus potentially 4 picks in 3rd round next year, if we get a compensatory pick for goldson from the league.that, my friends, is how u stay on top. see 9ers, pats, etc

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
San Francisco 49ers

18. Eric Reid, free safety, LSU.
40. Tank Carradine, outside linebacker, Florida State.
55. Vance McDonald, tight end, Rice.
88. Corey Lemonier, outside linebacker, Auburn.
128. Quinton Patton, receiver, Louisiana Tech.
131. Marcus Lattimore, running back, South Carolina.
157. Quinton Dial, defensive end, Alabama.
180. Nick Moody, linebacker, Florida State.
237. B.J. Daniels, quarterback, South Florida.
246. Carter Bykowski, tackle, Iowa State.
252. Marcus Cooper, cornerback, Rutgers.

Overview: The rich got richer. The 49ers entered Thursday with an NFL-most 13 picks. GM Trent Baalke turned them into very arguably the most impressive haul in the league, along the way picking up a 2014 third-rounder in Friday's trade with the Titans. Only Reid and McDonald may be definite first-year contributors, but that's far more a testament to Baalke's roster building than his individual selections. Carradine is a to-the-whistle edge rusher who along with Lattimore could be "redshirted" as a rookie due to knee woes, before emerging as plus 2014 starters. Patton is a silky smooth route runner with ball skills and insurance on contract-year No. 1 wideout Michael Crabtree. Lemonier might have been a first-rounder had he not played on such a bad Auburn team. San Francisco is filthy rich with pass rush. Baalke is constructing a dynasty.

Grade: A
via Rotoworld Evan Silver

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
49ers rookie Quinton Patton shows up too early for work, sent home
Posted by Mike Wilkening on May 1, 2013, 10:47 PM EDT
Quinton Patton, Isaiah Frey Getty Images

Yes, you read that correctly.

49ers rookie wide receiver Quinton Patton, eager to begin work with his new team, flew from Nashville to San Francisco at his own expense Monday to work out with the club. However, the 49ers sent home the fourth-round pick from Louisiana Tech before he arrived at the club’s facilities.

According to 49ers head coach Jim Harbaugh, who told the story on KNBR-AM in San Francisco on Wednesday, Patton would not have been able to take part in the club’s rookie minicamp from May 10 through May 12 if he arrived this week. According to Harbaugh, NFL rookies can be present at a club’s facilities right after they are drafted, but Patton was arriving after that period of time. (For those interested in hearing the story, Harbaugh’s remarks begin at about the eight-minute mark at the above link. Also, a hat tip to the 49ers for mentioning Patton’s interesting journey on Twitter.)

In the interview, Harbaugh joked that Patton’s trip was “probably the best money that he’s ever spent,” given how the story would now be associated with his desire to play the game and would be told time and again if he has a long career.

That said, Harbaugh’s respect for the rookie was clear.

“The fact that he would buy his own ticket, fly out here, just to me speaks volumes about him,” Harbaugh said. “I mean, to be honest with you, he reminds me of me. That’s something I would have done.”

And Harbaugh’s enthusiasm about Patton’s enthusiasm was clear, too.

“Isn’t that awesome?” Harbaugh said.
love it