Niner News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
Sanu looks like a perfect harbaugh pick to be honest

[video=youtube;WE2bWR0uRxg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE2bWR0uRxg[/video]

his blocks = beastly

Feb 12, 2004
Doesn't really happen here, but why do people automatically take Kendall Hunter out of the conversation when bringing up our future primary rb? The little guy is a play maker. He's the same size as Ray Rice and Maurice Jones Drew and those fools are beasts.

Dec 4, 2006
Doesn't really happen here, but why do people automatically take Kendall Hunter out of the conversation when bringing up our future primary rb? The little guy is a play maker. He's the same size as Ray Rice and Maurice Jones Drew and those fools are beasts.
Nobody has left him out, he's the future RB for the team without a doubt...

Feb 12, 2004
Yeah not on here but if you go to the webzone or the official 49ers forum those fools act like Hunter doesn't exist.

bonus-Hunter shittin on the Raiders

[video=youtube;y-AjEQx42l0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-AjEQx42l0[/video]

Dec 4, 2006
fuck the 49ers forums, those faggots have me completely banned for speaking down on their savior weak ass Alex Smith ...

Give Hunter 2 more years and he'll be the main guy ..

Dec 4, 2006
What do you guys think of Jerome Simpson or Garcon if we can't sign top WR's?

Why not sign Brandon Carr if we're planning on letting Carlos Rodgers go? I mean Carr is a fucking stud at his position ...

And still no talks with Goldson ..looks like he'll be gone..

Jan 12, 2006
carr and garcon would be dope! garcon had some big games this year, even with bum ass painter and colliins throwing to him. Carr would be a solid replacement for rogers.

Goldson isnt going anywhere, he's getting the franchise. Would be dumb to let him walk, we can franchise him for about 6-7 million a year.

Dec 4, 2006
Well I do hope Carr does hit FA and the 49ers pick him up ... and I was thinking Garcon would be a great addition to the WR list..he'll be a cheap and a great pick up..

Dec 12, 2006
Goldson is a tough one, Ive been sayin hes legit since we drafted him, great college player but no one wanted him last year and now tihs year we gotta pay em 4. 5x more??? I dunno, I would like to keep the secondary intact but none of our safteys are really cover guys

Jul 3, 2008
hopefully whoever we sign to give smith some new weapons has more of an impact than braylon did...that shit was retarded we had a good reciever who didnt do SHIT

Jun 21, 2005
I hate this time of the year. the free agency and the draft cant come soon enough. heres a good vid to past the time.. lol at the color commentator O ooma gawd! Best game ever that last five minutes was a roller coaster. glad i was there to see it live..

[video=youtube;IFCQu4FfjbY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFCQu4FfjbY&list=LLuICdXBh1fhC6xkDXbnz4zQ&index=5&feature=plpp_video[/video]

Jan 12, 2006
The 49ers won’t spend a lot on outside free agents

Here’s a very interesting tidbit from the great Mike Sando on Trent Baalke’s free agency philosophy.

Sando asked Baalke at the Combine when is the right time for an NFL team to spend a lot of money on an outside free agent? And here’s what Baalke said:

“There’s reasons why we don’t do it and I’m not going to get into those reasons of why we operate the way we do. It’s just our own philosophy. But if you are asking me when is the right time, I don’t know that there is a right time. It is really an individual question for the 32 people making the decisions across the NFL for their own team. … The model that we use isn’t much different than certain other people in the National Football League that have been successful. Does it guarantee us that we are going to have success? Each year is a new year. But we’re going to be very consistent with how we operate.”

So, the Niners do not invest heavily on outside free agents as a rule, according to Baalke. Good to know. That declaration rules out the top available wideouts for the Niners – Mike Wallace, Vincent Jackson, Dwayne Bowe, and Stevie Johnson.

Last year, their biggest free agent splurge was Carlos Rogers, to whom they gave a one year, $4.25 million contract. They also signed Donte Whitner to a 3 year, $11.75 million contract. It appears Baalke feels most comfortable offering around $4 million per year max to other teams’ free agents.

Here are some wide receivers the 49ers could sign for that kind of money:

Plaxico Burress – Would have to agree to a cheap, one-year deal. He’d only play when the Niners were near the opponent’s goal line.
Pierre Garçon – Not tall (6’0”), but he’s young (25) and fast. May want more money than Baalke is willing to give.
Mario Manningham – Probably will want more money than Garçon, so he’ll probably be out of the Niners price range. He’s on the fringe, though.
Robert Meachem – Big (6’2”) and fast and relatively young (27). Like Garçon and Manningham, will probably be paid No. 2 receiver money on the market, which may be more than Baalke is willing to spend. But Meachem would probably be the cheapest of those options.
Laurent Robinson – Big (6’2”), young (26) and he caught 11 touchdowns last year (11). The Cowboys say they want to re-sign him.
Eddie Royal – Would be a replacement for Kyle Williams and/or Ted Ginn Jr. Caught 91 passes as a 22-year-old rookie four seasons ago. Also returns punts and kicks.
Reggie Wayne – Old (33). Still one of the best receivers on this list. May be willing to sign with the Niners for a shot to win another Super Bowl.

Would you be satisfied if the Niners 2012 wide receiving corps consists of Michael Crabtree, Joshua Morgan, one of these free agents, a second or third round draft pick and Ted Ginn Jr.?

To me, that seems like a mediocre group.
http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2012...9ers-wont-spend-a-lot-on-outside-free-agents/

Feb 12, 2004
Niners are going to sign someone like Garcon, re-sign Morgan and draft a guy. Heard Colin Jones might get converted to wide receiver too. That motherfucker is SUPER FAST. I like what they're doing tho. Re-signing our own guys and building through the draft is the right way to do it.