Niner News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 25, 2007
I wanna see Dixon against the 1's. He can dominate like that against the 1's then ill be sold on dude. The way he looked liked today against 2nd and 3rd stringers wais how coffee looked during preseason last year.

Feb 15, 2003
I've admitted on more than one occasion that our starting offense didn't look good... so what the fuck is your point? you're not telling me anything
I'm not one for petty arguments with Raider fans online....

I get to do that enough in real life with my boys.......

I'm just sayin, it's preseason, I'm happy with what I saw from my team, but I do see a lot room for improvement. That's what the preseason, is all about. I'm not jumpin up and down about winning a preseason game, but I will be when we smash the Raiders in the regular season........

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
u guys are blaming delanie too much for that INT.

1. it was a bad decision period, he needed to make a perfect throw and it wasnt a perfect throw altho it was decent - had it been to a wideout, not a tight end.

2. he threw it too high for a tight end, and he threw it a little behind. the defender had his hand on delanies hands which was the main reason it got tipped up.

Oct 23, 2009
Balmer Traded to Seahawks for 6th Rd Pick

Kentwan Balmer, the 49ers' former first-round pick who has gone AWOL from the team in recent days, is on his way to the Seattle Seahawks, according to a source with knowledge of the situation. Terms of the deal are not yet know. Seattle needs depth along the defensive line and Balmer potentially could play multiple positions there, including nose tackle and defensive end. Moreover, former 49ers general manager Scot McCloughan, who drafted Balmer 29th overall in San Francisco, is now with the Seahawks. ***UPDATE*** I've been told that the 49ers will get a sixth-round pick in return for Balmer.

Balmer, meanwhile, has been unexcused from 49ers training camp since Wednesday. At that point, the 49ers sent him a so-called five-day letter, which gave the team the right to put him on the reserve/left list starting today. That would have shut down Balmer's season for good.

Balmer was initially excused from camp to deal with a "personal issue," but it soon became clear to the 49ers he did not want to return to the team. Asked Friday if he thought Balmer would be back, coach Mike Singletary said, "If Kentwan wanted to be here, he'd be here."

Balmer has had trouble cracking the starting lineup since he was drafted in 2008 and was behind Isaac Sopoaga and Ray McDonald at left defensive end. Balmer had spoken in recent months about frustration over where he was on the depth chart.

Oct 23, 2009
Damn, they moved quick. As long as he's healthy he's still a productive back and he doesn't need to do it all like he did in Philly. He's really good at catching out of the backfield which can help out the passing game if there are no options open.

Jul 25, 2007
Westbrook will be a great change of pace back. Mostly a 3rd down back in certain situations where they can maybe run a screen. Good signing! Baalke getting it done.

Jul 25, 2007
did you see what Dixon was doing? RUNNING OVER MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I knew dixon was finna be a beast. He was first round talent but teams thought he had off field issues. He did good his first game but that was against scrubs trying to make the team. I wanna see him start against the Vikings. Cut MRob or keep him on ST.

Dec 4, 2006
I knew dixon was finna be a beast. He was first round talent but teams thought he had off field issues. He did good his first game but that was against scrubs trying to make the team. I wanna see him start against the Vikings. Cut MRob or keep him on ST.
trust me...Dixon gonna run over starters...so don't doubt him.

and Mike Rob wont be getting cut anytime soon, he's the guy that opens routes for Gore and Gore likes that. Mike Rob is good at blocking.. so take that out of your head for now.